Why can't I disable chat in game

Some people just don’t like chatting. The ladder experience would be a lot better if there was a possibility to disable chat.

The setting “Only allow friends to send me messages” only works outside games. Outside the game is a lot less stressful and dealing with chat is a lot easier and calmer. If you don’t want in game chat do you have to block every single person you encounter on ladder? This is nothing I want to do, me not wanting to chat doesn’t necessarily correlate to me having anything against somebody. Also the action would get tedious.

19 Likes

Good god almighty christ this man deserves a medal for bringing up this topic.

Why on gods green earth we still don’t have this function is BEYOND me.

It’s 2019 and game chat is antiquated. I don’t care about listening to some 12 year old ramble on about how big his weener is or what low ranked nonsense balance whine he spews.

Fix it blizzard, not that you will since you’re too busy getting OWNED by China, but FIX it.

10 Likes

I would like to have this disable chat feature too

1. Mute all chat including team mates
  2. Mute only enemy (and observers?)
5 Likes

If u disable chat then all of our hard practice at this forum learning how to make ppl rage will be for naught

4 Likes

There should also be an option to ignore pings from allied players. These imbeciles will ping all over the map non-stop, or just ping their own base over and over again to make sure everyone knows they aren’t producing any units or structures.

5 Likes

Yeah I just like to play the game, I could do without listening to all the bad manor from other players. I think I’ve had one positive interaction on versus, and literally countless negative ones. Please implement this Blizzard.

3 Likes

F11 (chat window) --> disable it there

Doesn’t that work?

F11 (chat window) → disable it there

u maek the post to tell u no can read?

him say no want must do this all time

it could be good change

3 Likes

I’ve wanted this for a long time. Please Blizzard… please…

2 Likes

Not that blizzard will actually do anything, but this is something that exists in Heroes of the Storm, so clearly they know how to implement it. it’d be a gigantic QoL change for many who want it and have little to no negative impact on anyone not trolling. Pretty absurd it’s not implemented 10 years in.

ETA: after some googling, this is a thing that people have been asking for literally since the game came out, threads back as early as 2011. WTF Blizzard PLZ

1 Like

Because blizzard loves encouraging people to troll, bm opponents like:
“hahah noob got rekt”, “ez pz” etc.
Without 1v1 chat tons of bronze - silver kids would lose their interest to even play the game, sadly.

This also applies, to spraying, emoji, and unit dancing animations. I would love to see 1v1 chat gone forever, but like president of a “certain country” said:

IT’S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

The opponent does not need to know it is disabled, they can have a very trolly conversation talking to themselves and thinking they are triggering the opponent. So it is a win-win, trolls think they are hardcore and people don’t have to deal with nonsense chats.

1 Like

10 years later…we still want this feature that is in your other games. As others stated, years ago. Some of don’t care to see imbecilic conversation of 12yr epeen.

The feature is there, I use it.

You have to go into your parental settings and disable chat. Overall experience has gone up quite a bit since I turned it on.

1 Like

It a Workaround, not in-game feature. And it effects all the games you have on your account.

Yes, it work ok when you play only SC2. But, for example, if you play WOW aswell, you will have headache managing this parental setting between two games.

Why don’t you just hit F11 and ignore the player?

soem degen player view dis as tactic bcuz insult msg can effecting soem type o player it r like textual knife stab.

so wut u r say is: let him always stab u 1 time, after u mus taek extra action to defend the stabbing. this not is solution.

C’mon don’t be like that how will i than write you that i hate you and tell you to eat Activision and self terminate?

There is guy who can fix it, just give him to do it!!! [LinkedIn] → posts → yaroslavpishta_onefeature-starcraft2-getitdone-activity-6894383408584159232-Ye_a

lmao, we have found all the snowflake babys.