Why Amon, Why not Arcturus

Narud (Duran) was famous for backstabbing… perhaps in this alternate reality the last one he backstabs is Amon himself.

As for Arcturus… if he loses his empire and is forced back to being a rebel. (he had ‘psi-clones’ of Kerrigan as leverage, why not a ‘psi-clone’ of himself as insurance)
or maybe Kerrigan doesn’t kill him, just helps Valerian oust him, and he escapes to rebel against his son.

Amon (or “non characters” like the taldarim AI) make perfect bad guys because

1. non characters will never be a commander
  2. Amon is the “big bad” so anyone lesser could turn against him

Honestly, I fully hope to get a Coop Missions version of Into The Void at some point in the future. Alongside Sky Shield, it’s probably the mission I want most in Coop. The idea of an old-fashioned slog through the Void, cleansing the corruption and fighting constant waves of enemies, hybrid, and mobile Thrashers, to eventually reach the other side of the map, where the enemy boss Narud is waiting, is very appealing to me.

Co-op is canon to itself. It’s a seperate timeline.

Nothing’s ever said it was continuous, and even if it was “canon to itself” is a meaningless distinction. It’s not as if every dead character has been written back to life, and when people talk about canon they mean the main timeline. It’s also not as if there’s a continuous co-op story.

2 Likes

There is an old RTC map where Amon has a change of heart and decides to assist the players in taking down the Tal’darim.

Good idea, i was intending for a Warfield or Duke return but may be Evil Emperor Mengsk will get his turn sooner.