Who'd be your leader?

Assuming you’re not controlling a commander, but instead working for one, who would you work for?

You’d be completely safe, of course.

Probably Nova. She is one of the few commanders who has an army that can go without any losses.

I work for Amon. :joy: lol

I’ve heard nothing but good things from official sources about Mengsk, he’s got humanity’s best interests at heart.

5 Likes

Real response, Matt (sans Mira) seems like a good choice too.

2 Likes

If the premise is complete safety, working for Mengsk would probably feel very… lucky?

Alarak. Everyone already knows this is my answer. I’d probably enjoy being his right hand man, so to speak, as First Ascendant. However, I wouldn’t use my role to overthrow him, but rather defend his rank on the throne.

Raynor of course, best rebel, best man, and best commander of the Koprulu Sector.

He might call you “weak” because of that.

1 Like

Karax.

While saying “too big to fail” may jinx things (Spear of Adun may have a small thermal exhaust port which could blow it all to smithereens for all I know), it seems you’d not only be doubly safe, but get to play “arcade shooter” as well!

Hey, I’m not expendable!
But I’m not sure I could get a commander to understand that, so picking one seems hard.
Even if you say “completely safe” (I’m not sure what it would mean especially for swarm commanders and stukov), I’d rather not pick without having more of a job description.

Nah, it’d be more of an act of loyalty than an act of weakness. He is my Highlord after all. It’s just like how Ma’lash was Highlord and had his own tiers of Ascendants guarding him under false pretenses until Alarak and Artanis showed up. You can be an Ascendant without needing to usurp the throne.
As long as you don’t lose in combat and are as ruthless as possible toward your opponents, that’s all that the Tal’darim really care about.

Working with Nova, Swann or Artanis sounds pretty fine to me.

But it’s Mengsk, of course it has to be Mengsk

I serve Daggoth, for he was wise.

1 Like

“Safe” seems like a relative term.

Mengsk would probably say, “Feel SAFE in the knowledge that your sacrifice is for the betterment of all mankind”.

Abathur would assure you your biomass will SAFELY go towards the ultimate life form, Shadow the Hedgehog.

Heck, even being a secretary to someone like Raynor would be terrible. Can you imagine the wrist pain from writing so many “sorry for your loss” letters for all the Marines thrown down on the battlefield?

4 Likes

I’d serve Zeratul as a xel naga enforcer, because he probably solo’s the map anyway and I can have some sparetime and when my aid is required I’d still be hard to kill and pick off my enemies off from a distance :sunglasses:.

I was going to say this, but if you end up being a marine in his rebel army, you’ll probably die …

Swann, I’ll be a pilot inside a Herc, dropping siege tanks.

lol thats hilar-

ya blew it

This takes all of the risk out of picking any of them. With the swarm, if your body dies you can be reconstituted. With the Purifiers you can be given a new shell (I would probably pick them solely for that reason). With the rest of the commanders, its a bit more of a gamble and comes down to ideals and goals, right? Taking those into consideration I’d probably still pick purifiers. Or HnH.

But when you become stronger than Alarak (if) would you depose him? So goes the chain of ascension…

That’s implying that I would be able to be more powerful than him. Even so, I don’t see myself usurping him.