Who Will Be Next Commander?

I want the Overmind.

10 Likes

I just want “next commander”.

21 Likes

I’m thinking it’ll be Selendis. It’s been too long since we got a Protoss Commander.

I’m thinking she’ll have a Golden Armada focus with some ground units like Zealots, Adepts, and High Templar. I would like her to get a new Worker unit as Mengsk got new ones.

7 Likes

We’re at a point where any new content for the largest SC2 mode in the game is a good thing…

3 Likes

Hahahaaha, how true.

sad starcraft noises

2 Likes

Selendis is the strongest contender for the next Protoss commander
Tosh my man is perhaps rivalled with General warfield for Terran commander
As for the Zerg commander I don’t know, its hard to predict. I did not see it coming when Stettman became the zerg commander.

5 Likes

Selendis would be a decent new commander too. I was rather disappointed with the last two. Whoever the next one is lets hope there better than the last two where.

1 Like

Donny Vermillion for next CO. He’s in the battle chest comic. Zerg will mind control him at the behest of the Overmind to make the King of News. BUT the Protoss will intervene, knowing what happened with the last human to turn Zerg. This will result in a major clash between the Zerg and the Protoss that will somehow result in Donny becoming the first playable Hybrid CO (hybrid as in the monster dudes). Due to the strong conditioning of his loyalty to the one and only Emporer Mengsk, he’ll be able to fight back Amon’s grasp, then lead a campaign of death to beat back the traitor of mankind, Amon. Only then, once the true hero of Starcraft has saved us, will we finally know peace. He will be the strongest human of us all, and will rightfully take the mantle of the Emporer of Mankind. Go big E!

3 Likes

Well that is an interesting theory but I will be so mad if they make Donny a commander when there are so many better more logical choices out there.

2 Likes

Donny isn’t very likely.

I think Zurvan or Ouros are most likely than Donny.

After Zeratul and Tychus i really thought we would get the Overmind to give us 1 dead commander from each species. Still think we will get it at some point.

2 Likes

Niadra would be interesting, someone proposed she would control Zerg/Protoss army (not Hybrid).

2 Likes

Overmind is interesting… but seemingly hard to make unique. He could focus on Brood Wars units and structures; but he would need something more exciting added with them.

I hope you are right, but I don’t think we even get a new commander

If we continue to get more Commanders I’m thinking; (in no order)

Protoss:

• Selendis
  • Rohana
  • Ji’nara
  • Ouros (at least Commands Ihan-rii)

Zerg:

• Izsha
  • Overmind
  • Niadra
  • Zurvan

Terran:

• Tosh
  • Valerian
  • Warfield
  • Hanson
3 Likes

we have protoss/zerg (Amon), and we have terran/zerg (Stukov, Stetmann), but somehow we have nothing that is terran/protoss. Ghosts with shields, Battlecarriers, Siege Colossus XD

1 Like

I want Donny Vermillion as the next commander just so I can team kill every single person playing him. Every failed Vermillion Problem game where I have to sit and watch his smug ridicule in an unskippable cut scene… the man must die. They deserve it by ASSOCIATION.

1 Like

Closest I can see us getting is Valerian. He could use reverse engineered Terran Pylons like from Legacy of the Void’s Prologue. He could even get Ghosts with that Psi Sword that Nova got in her Campaign (acting like Dark Templar).

4 Likes

It should go without saying… for the love of StarCraft, do not Reforge the game!

Seems like it’s pivoting towards Donny being rescued by Nova, which would be similar to a concept I had for Kate Lockwell…
Her units and combat prowess are amongst the weakest of all COs. However, she has a reporting mechanic that’ll draw the attention of other COs not in use. You’ll get to use a subset of their structures, units, CDs, heroes, and other abilities.

a shinnok/shang tsung commander, very little of their own magic but plenty of everyone else’s. interesting idea