Who are the "other" allies?

Hey I was playing Void Thrashing, and Sergeant Hammer states that her boys can handle the rest, if we take out the void Thrashers, or Hill says that his boys are late to the party, I’m sure there’s more–those 2 I remember.

My question is, who do you guys think the boys are, why are Hill’s boys’ late? Well, I know it’s just dialog, but it’s interesting to think about.

Hill’s men are probably mercenaries, Hammer’s men are marines or marauders considering her base has barracks, if I’m remembering correctly.

What d’you guys think?

1 Like

For Sergeant Hammer, I’m pretty sure her boys are still in the fortress passed out from all the alcohol she promises to everyone, Plus recovering from her hammer. They just sober up in time when the mission ends.

As for Hill’s men, that ones pretty simple. He never had them. He wants more of the pay cut himself. Which is cheaper? Paying 3-4 mercenary companies a fair share to put their lives on the line, or Abathur who you can pay with by saying, “Hey, want some interesting Biomass to play with?” I don’t see Zeratul asking for actual money when he’s busy looking for those weird Xel-Nalga artifacts that are scattered around maps like candy.

4 Likes

I can imagine Graven to employ mercenary army, heck I wouldn’t find it surprising if he works with Tosh (kind of like Nova/Riegal relationship).
I wonder if he was a planned commander like Tosh (or with Tosh).

Sergeant Hammer’s crews are too busy putting out fires but instead of water they use beer (or probably… their Pee, I can see they are wasted 24/7).

Speaking of which, wouldn’t other high ranking NPCs have their own army?
I’m sure Jinara and General Davis might brought their own army (I mean did they really come alone?).

Corporal Faraday and Scout Lyrak doesn’t count due to their rank.

Remember the time when those were really hard to get?

Lucky you, Zeratul asked me for 10 minerals / 5 gaz (I think) each time I had the audacity to give him a command. I thought we were friends but to no avail, once units were allowed to ask for pocket money (Micro-transaction mutator) Zeratul was first in line. That bast**d!

General Davis’s army probably got rekt because she rushed them in before they were ready with her “This damn alien is about to murder us all!” speech she spouts all the time. In Jinara’s case Taldarim value power, and nothing is more powerful in SC2 than 2 co op commanders.

On a side note, I am sad that Jinara never became a co op commander. Her sass always made me laugh in the Nova Ops campaign and I always feel guilty when CoA goes wrong (like when I was leveling Zagara) and she gets pushed into the pit.

1 Like

It’s the boys. You know the 7.

1 Like

You mean that Jinara forfeit her army for Co-op commanders?
Not sure what to think of that but you have a point, effectiveness triumphs deadweights (in this case Jinara’s army).

I also hoped for Selendis, Tosh, Overmind to be included. Too bad Co-op ended without fulfilling its full potential.

1 Like