Which 3 commanders would you most want a story campaign for?

Lets say that Blizzard decided to restart work SC2 and one of the first things they want to do is to make story campaigns for Coop Commanders. Lets say you are creative director and it is up to you decide which 3 commanders get a new campaign first. As for the time being they only are willing to set aside budget for just 3. Which 3 commanders would you most want a campaign story for? A few things to know:

1. You can make a story for Tychus, Mengsk and Zeratul. Just that it needs to take place in the past before they died.

2. You can also make some sort of story for Artanis, Raynor or Kerrigan if you want although they already have campaigns.

3. The campaign needs to be about the same length as the Nova Covert Opts campaign.

My list(By personal favorites):

1. Dehaka
  2. Zagara
  3. Stukov

My list(One for each race)

1. Dehaka
  2. Alarak
  3. Egon Stetmann

It should also be noted that realistically it would be more fair to pick one for each race.

Zeratul, Dehaka and Tychus.
No need to care about balance, they would crush anything, leave more time to concentrate on story and map and stuff.

If we go by race it would be:
Han & Horner
Karax/Fenix
Dehaka

We already have Nova campaign. If we needed another Terran, I’d go with HH or Mengsk b/c they got least representation thus far (esp. in playable units).

Z… Stukov. Guy died, came back as infested, got de-infested, but then reinfested again. At least AFAIK since I heard from others who read the novels. I’d get a kick how he built up his infested forces. And the path wouldn’t have to be exactly leading to Coop. It could be more interesting for the sake of story and game play, and then “changed suddenly” for the sake of Coop.

Protoss… fleshing out his Xel’Naga journey in more detail would be neat! If not that, then Fenix

1 Like

That’s an imaginary scenario in what if Zeratul didn’t get killed by Amon possessed Artanis at the start of the Legacy of the Void campaign.

A story campaign on Stukov could be quite interesting. Since he has a lot of interesting lore to work with.

Mengsk – now more than ever, building a strong Dominion requires protection and security.

I would love to see a campaign of how Mengsk, against all odds, defeated the terrorist Jim Raynor, contained the looming Zerg threat, and ushered in a new era of peace and security … along with some of the “sacrifices” he had to make along the way.

My other votes go to Alarak and Stukov.

AFAIK there’s a campaign mod where they switch places. So you’re now the Dominion (Mengsk) vs. Raynor in wings of liberty reversed.

1 Like