Where is the WoL ladder?

Is serious that it was removed? So sad, was so enjoyable to play, meanwhile this new ladder is so horrible to play.

8 Likes

Creating alt accounts isn’t going to bring it back.

I used to play that ladder to farm portraits since people playing wol were really bad, and I stopped it because eventually the queues got that long that I had to wait 15 min for a single crappy game against other farmes, so I played the normal ladder, better quality and the best queue times.

Current ladder is not bad, its fast, and the match quality is acceptable.

1 Like

WoL and HotS were merged into LotV. If you want to play on old patches you have to do so through custom games

ex-WoL player here. The game is still greatly missed.

I agree, lotv is horrible game. HOTS was much superior game in almost all aspects. LOTV takes 0 skill and is only about worker harass, worse player can win by killing workers first. Even pros lose whole mineral line to one random lib. WOW I guess they were just outplayed. Guy shades adepts into natural ignoring army in pvp and one warprism, kill workers, loses all adepts, but that’s all matters killing workers. And tvz is such crutch, i played once game, when very bad guy was just spamming lings across map and i killed over 2000 lings in one game and he won by so tiny margin, it was crazy, while i had like over 10k minerals more efficiency, i lost only like 200 units or so, it is insane crutch, lotv you just spam lings and bannes and sucidide them in workers, because maps are so open and there are 3 attack paths to third and takes 15 supply depots to wall off literally !

It’s no skill, so when you headed to GSL?

1 Like

You really don’t get it, maybe you didn’t play HOTS, that game took actually 10 times more skill than this, protoss massing just gateway units and spam chargelots across map, because he can afford extra 30 of them from broken economy and zerg just mass ravager banne and abuse free units, so crutch !!!

1 Like

We ARE playing the WoL ladder dude, they removed HotS and LotV because nobody was playing

Naw, you’re just bad at LotV.

That’s why i was 5300 okay…

Ah, so that’s why you dissociated your SC2 profile with your forum profile. Because you were 5.3k. I was actually 8.2k and also FDR’s left leg.

I’d really like if they bring it back honestly. WoL was really fun to defend against early all-ins or some random sneaky cheese :slight_smile: Simple days…

it was stolen, ignore the mouth-breathing imbeciles here applauding the theft of our game. Whilst they shamelessly mouth-gob Blizzard for forcing an inferior version of a product which many of us purposefully avoided buying, in the same breath they whine, cry, and bemoan the current state of balance.

Ignore the false claims of ‘no one played that mode’ or ‘to shorted ladder queue times’ - master league 1v1 had under 1 minute queue and all the team game queues around that level were the same or better than they are currently.

If this company retained a shred of dignity this move would never have happened. Thank Activision.

3 Likes

Agreed, they killed a superior product and forced people to play an inferior one.

Master WoL/HotS were good, with real Starcraft 2 games.