Where did all the Tutorials go?

Okay srsly. All the Blizzard tutorial links from SC2Mapster and Liquipedia are broken. What gives? I wanted to spend an afternoon getting into SC2 mapping/modding and now I’ve pretty much lost all motivation to do so.

I remember reading/seeing the Blizzard published tutorial some time ago, so I know it exists, but I can’t find it. And not that I don’t trust the modding community, and I’m sure the independent content is great. But even a bunch of the SC2Mapster links are broken, too! So I’m quite disheartened.

Anyway. Hopefully the Blizz material is still out there, and even if not, if someone can kindly point me towards a “getting started” tutorial that takes you all the way through making your first custom map… that’d be swell. Cheers!

Tutorial to SC2 Editor was destroyed when SC2 became free and changes website. It was sad, but fortunately for me, i was learning basic skills in summer 2017. My suggestion to you - check out blizzard maps. They are very good for learning.

You can use some internet archive sites to retrieve them like the wayback machine. The Mar 04 2018 log still has them all.

DeltronLive has a video tutorial series where he goes through the old Bliz tutorials and follows along them. You could follow along him as he follow along Bliz. Very Meta.