When to worker scout and when to surrender out of courtesy?

I’m a noob.

I sometimes make mistakes like letting the command center or a worker idle in early game.

If I’m really bad a zerg will gas steal, or a protoss adept will harrass the worker who is trying to make an engineering bay before i have a factory or any marines.

But in unranked play how to know when I’m beat? The other player might have wasted 30 seconds on the wrong thing too?

Perhaps I should worker scout the other players tech, and just say GG if I am definitely more than 1 minute behind?

What is the proper thing to do?

The point is you must build an army faster like rushing and practice other builds never surrender

Scouting is always good if you remember it.
You can gg and leave the game if you just lost your whole army and you cannot defeat the overwhelming enemy army because it is standing in your natural and starts to kill your natural and main base.
If you have a lot of minerals, you can always start somewhere else though.
If you don’t try to waste the other player’s time by flying all of your buildings to different corners, you aren’t doing anything wrong.

Fighting to the last unit until a certain point / for 1-2 minutes isn’t really a bad thing as terran as it will improve your mechanics and multitasking a lot (production is really, really important as well as avoiding supply blocks).
Your mechanics will also improve when you learn to get additional production buildings instead of queueing up expensive units as well as never stopping to produce SCVs no matter what.

1 Like

Diamond here. You shouldnt be making an engineering bay so early, those are minerals that you could spend on a marine and bunker, which you typically have to anyways vs protoss. What helps me when I fall behind in mechanics is I would write the mistakes down (scv production, idle, producing units during fights, scouting information that dictates the build the opponet is going) and keep it next you while you play. I also recommend looking up spawning tool and follow those builds strictly. Also watching youtube videos of builds that are meta will help and follow them strictly. Watching pro games helps a lot too. For scouting I always send the scv building the first depot out to scout when finished and the scv thats just popping out of cc i rally it to the depot and build the barracks. When you scout dont worry about if you dont know what the hell they are building and what it means unless you already know that knowledge. When i was lower elo (silver, gold) i wouldnt know what to expect from scout information then would lose but i learned what to expect from the scouting information and would adapt accordingly. Watching replays even if its just for 2 minutes helps too.

1 Like

Terran guide:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFeZeom2b4DmHduNHeFj-6PfoasuSQn3P

First things first:
Being a noob is ok. Even the mighty TehBaTz was once a noob

Play as hard as you can until the loss is inevitable. I’ve seen games where a player barely hangs on and completely turns the tables.

You want o try and follow a build order for the first 2-3 mins of a game to most optimally start off production. Then follow a guideline.

Ex: You open with a 1-1-1 at the start but scout a spire. You then improv by adding turrets to your mineral line and making Thors to deal with said mutas.

There are also many guides on YouTube that can help you improve mechanics/decision making

I also suggest playing ranked because diamond level trolls who don’t care about their unranked mmr drop down to beat new players because they lack a heart or any amount of self-esteem

Good luck!