What's the deal with the llllllllllll names?

I just looked at the Grandmaster leader board.

What’s the deal with all the lllllllllll names? It’s ridiculous.

4 Likes

basically the idea is that if you barcode your name your opponent will be less likely to know who you are and thus less likely to know one of your builds, what i have noticed is that 3/4ths of the time barcodes are toxic, and only barcoded their name to look cool.

2 Likes

Well, it doesn’t look cool. It looks completely retarded.

3 Likes

Once you reach 5K5+ on any ladder, there are so few players of your MMR that after a few games you know most of the active players at your time of the day. This leads to you having knowledge on most of their build orders. I can tell by advance who is going for what especially cheesers / mech players because I remember their name easily since their playstyle is so uncomon. You have a real edge against them, you win around 80-90% of your games against them because they have 1-2 build orders per matchup at best

So what’s considered cheese at high MMR? Certainly not cannon rush?

Well of course cannon rush, proxies, ravager all ins, reaper all ins, marauders all ins, one base tank marine, proxy stargate, proxy robo in PvP. There are many cheese that work at every level.

4 Likes

Don’t forget about the dreaded ultralisk rush

Nice necro. 20 chars

3 Likes

haha looks like the moderators missed that.

They do it look cool. It’s not. And frankly 95% of the barcodes are so garbage that I pray nobody is actually trying to copy or “counter” their build.

But what about that one simple guy that swears barcode doesn’t help and it’s impossible to assume the same id/portrait isn’t the same guy? Haha

The amount of non barcode names in those leadersboards shows that barcode names make very little difference.