What will be the 4 th race? We all, would probably like to see SC3 or another Expansion come to fruition

Wow, I just realize that you’re from my species! So if you don’t mind I’d like to comment a bit on your proposal.

The Zerg doesn’t have any tech, they’re a biological race. So I’m not sure how technology applied here.

Mind being a bit more specific? I’m not sure what this means. I rarely play competitively, you see.

When it comes to adaptation; no one beats the Zerg. That’s why I can’t suppose this one. However, if you switch thing a bit between the Protoss and the Zerg, it could work. The High Executor could be some important Queen in Zagara’s.

Zerg is a race that is flexible in Tech, it can switch fast in Mutas, or Ultras and win games instantly like that.
I would like Reavers to be also flexible in tech, (more flexibile than Terran at least), for example, hunters (ground range) can get on (and even down) on Dragjeins (flyer units that are air to air).
3 Predators (melee unit) can morph in one E’Maan (ground range unit).

A Faction of any Race could go on their own, and develop new subRace, I can agree with that.

I see. Well, this is beyond my area of expertise. There is a reason why I never bother go haunt other forum. I really don’t know what to comment on this.

The fourth race could be highly advanced space dwarfs, hm?

Maybe restrict the new race to a certain realm like campaign. For example look at a campaign like Dawn of War vanilla where you can only play as Blood Ravens but can play Eldar/Chaos/Orks etc. True for Wings of Liberty as well. A possible solution is that the new race can’t be played in ranked (but can be played in unranked/other modes etc). We had Naga and Blood Elf races in WarCraft III campaign.

Another interesting thing is that the ‘peace’ theme might actually work for races. It would make sense for units from all races to be in one faction.

2 Likes

You don’t have to create the 4th race then at all.

I like the idea.

Just focus on the freaking consistency of what we got.

2 Likes

The only thing with the 3 races, some match ups like ZvZ are so boring to watch.

How would a 4th race change that? Would probably make it worse if anything.

A fourth race would be more of a problem because you’d have to rebalance three races for it.

2 Likes

I agree, but at least we will see less of zvz and pvp which so boring to watch.

A fourth race might not change that if it’s trash enough.

Gradius, exactly. Which is why I think it needs to be an offline or skirmish race, not a ranked one. Or alternately, because of StarCraft’s new ‘peace theme’, the concept of races themselves may be changed. A player could control units from all races, maybe.

For example, if we go with a UED race what is really different from the Terrans? They are supposed to be incredibly advanced technologically, though remember that they had Project Purity. They are more Starship Troopers than the Terrans, they killed the cyberneticists, the transhumanists. Aesthetically and playwise it might be hard to make them different…

So how about sub factions for ranked multiplayer, maybe? Not sure…

Only race I can think of is the Tagal. Because of the Fall of Aiur they have had a phenomenal opportunity to advance in power.

we just need campaign missions where you can actually play more than one race at a time. We had that in SC1. The SC2 concept of “allied AIs” is so dumb and annoying to me. Just make the maps bigger, make it more about strategy than speed, and give us one base for one race and another base for a different race. That was so much fun in SC1.

1. UED Expeditionary Fleet, a new take on humans.
  2. Equal to Terrans in general, if not a little beyond even the Umojans.
  3. Maybe strong midgame? With walkers and infantry support (i.e. Troopers)?
  4. How about mid-game rush with lax/weaker lategame?
  5. Reconquest attempt of Koprulu Sector, or attempting to hold onto their newly acquired holdings.
  6. I’m thinking of combat walkers of varying purposes (AA support, anti-armor roles), upgraded Valkyries, etc.
1 Like

Granted, I could see the real power of the UED unleashed. I’m thinking of Heavy Combat Marines (imagine Marauder sized Marines with appropriate gear and weaponry), Dreadnaughts (heavy battlecruisers), Ironclads (Heavy Frigates), Phantoms (the next generation of Wraiths looking more transparent than ever) and so on and so forth. They have seen what they was up against so they can gear up accordingly.

1 Like

From what we have now? I think the UED makes the most sense for a new race. Simply because they should be much further ahead in tech compared to the terran.

2 Likes

I don’t know if they make sense as an actual race outside campaign. But I wouldn’t mind seeing the crazy tech they have. Of course, I wouldn’t mind if StarCraft 2 got disowned and Terrans went back to their gritty lil’ machines and armors instead of these new shiny ones.

Hmm. We’ve already got the swarm trope, the high tech trope, the human mech trope, and the magiteck trope covered in our races.

Maybe the next “race” we face won’t be a single race, but a faction of other races in the universe. Our own Covenant come to wipe us out.

Anything else would probably feel either redundant or underpowered compared to what we already have or have already seen. Even something like the Borg or the Replicators would feel a tad too samey with the Zerg, since they’re basically a techno swarm.

Protoss should stomp everyone with their level of technology but that would make for bad gameplay & story.

Mission 1: create a black hole on Char’s surface. Swarm & Kerrigan dead.

Campaign over.