What I've Learned From The Forums

1. All three races have the balance team in their pocket
  2. Balance team only plays one race, but the race varies based on who is complaining
  3. If you can’t (won’t) improve, whine
  4. Every race is OP, every unit is OP; except the speaker’s own units, those are always UP and so is their race
  5. If the speaker’s race wins, whichever it might be, it’s because the player vastly outplayed the opponent; but if they lose it’s because the opponent picked a race and that’s literally the only reason
  6. Buffs are nerfs, nerfs are super nerfs
  7. All forms of vision are hacks, players should wear blindfolds
  8. Cheesing is bad and not a valid way to win, unless the speaker’s race is UP (see point 4)
  9. If you don’t memorize every pro game and aren’t able to immediately produce every game where ‘x’ happened, you’re wrong and it never happens even if it happens often
  10. APM matters when you’re complaining talking about protoss, otherwise it’s meaningless
  11. The pros are always correct in what they say, unless it disagrees with the speaker, then they’re wrong but only that time…probably
  12. Let the meta settle, unless the speaker is losing, then patch asap pls
  13. If the speaker’s profile is hidden, they’re GM and will bring it up at every argument.
  14. Meta posts are wrong unless they align with the current zeitgeist
  15. If you’re balance whining replays are unimportant, it should just be obvious. It doesn’t matter how poorly the speaker played, it only matters that the opponent picked today’s OP race
  16. If a race is OP, you cannot play it no matter how much you complain because that’s just cheating and not at all educational (except for how OP that race is)
  17. BW was perfect which is why we play SC2 or something
  18. BW was terrible which is why we play SC2 or something
  19. Spell casters are overpowered and killing the game, which is why you should buff the speaker’s casters
  20. SC2 is ded gaem, but also here’s why the speaker is upset about balance today
  21. Unit Tester by the speaker’s self is a valid test case for real world encounters and if you question it you’re a n00b
  22. Aligulac is only accurate when it agrees with the speaker’s disposition, otherwise it’s statistically unsound
  23. Things that happened in an old patch that were directly addressed in a current patch are still up for balance whining and clearly valid for the current balance
  24. No one has game knowledge besides GM players unless the GM player in question is wrong. If they are wrong, they’re not high enough GM. If they’re high enough GM then they’re just biased.
  25. Every race is micro intensive, every race a-moves
  26. The only way to maintain true asynchronous race balance is to make all races play identically
  27. Quitting and uninstalling the game really just means going to the forums every day to talk about quitting and uninstalling the game

Feel free to add on to this list

29 Likes
  1. All forms of vision are OP, except mine, mine is UP…
3 Likes

Pretty sure I listed that but fair enough

Jokes asside, that’s the only thing I can’t see anywhere in the forum people saying that about Protoss.

3 Likes

You nailed it with this post!

Maybe my favourite right here. Reminds me of the people who say Thors got nerfed this patch, lol.

9 Likes

Of course you can’t see, Observers were nerfed.

11 Likes

Its ok, i got oracles . . .

• Oracle:
    Removed revelation

Crap

4 Likes

Cannons: Require a 200/200/57 research upgrade from the robotics bay to provide detection.

4 Likes

Zerg hates Terran. Terran hates Zerg. Protoss will support either when complaining against the other.

1 Like

Forgot that when a person creates a whine forum and someone tries to explain why the race is bad and should be buffed through facts and logic, the original forum poster calls them a whiner.

Serral wins a tournament= Zerg OP, proceeds to complain everything about Zerg that appears to be unfair.
Maru wins= Terran OP, nerf make marines shoot airsoft pellets.
Neeb wins= Storm OP(despite winning with zealot/imortal), Protoss 1 spell to win, always finds a way to kill me (never watched replay to notice that there’s an observer on the main 90% of the match)

8 Likes
  1. A valid sample size is calculated depending on what you need to prove. WCS not supporting you call, take GSL, because only Korea matters right? If that fails, pick the winner of Blizzcon. If it fails, pick all premier tournaments. If that fails, cite all tournaments including online. If not, pick ladder data. If all else fails, resort back to Aligulac, taking into account point 22. If even that fails, then resort to picking that one game where X player played out of his mind and won against Y player who might or might not have been hungover to be the basis of the whole analysis.

2. Every unit hardcounters every other unit. If it doesn’t work for you, it is because you suck. Now get to diamond/masters/GM/top GM before posting, you noob.

4 Likes

chrono boost and queen injects are completely broken and need to be reworked.
mules however are necessary as terran will fall behind without them.

3 Likes

Most importantly, if you make a thread like this:

1. Everyone else is doing it
  2. You never do.
4 Likes
  1. Other race got certain mechanics i want them too or it is unbalanced but if they want what i have its unfair because im unique.

Despite that complaining can help but yeah i agree that complaining in 2020 is almost pathetic if you compare it with 2019. In 2019 it was partly justified because blizzard almost had more stupid ideas than trump.

2 Likes

OMG this is amazing, it’s all true! I’ll try this one

1. a single match, even after one day of new patch, proves everything, if speaker’s race loses, the other race is IMBA OP SUPER STRONG even if the match was lost for one single unit and it was pretty close, but there is better… if speaker’s race wins, there is the complaint speaker’s race should have won faster or the other race is still OP because you’re not allowed to lose something and still be in the game
2 Likes

Now the bigger question is: Who is the biggest serial offender of this list.

Dualblades is my number one pick followed by batz in a close second placing.

1 Like

Batz is solid, as with Dualblades.

Timothy on the otherhand, pretends to be Terran one day and makes ludicrous whine thread. Then comes in the next day calling Terran a bunch of whiners.

I say:

1. Ace
  2. Dual
  3. Batz
  4. Playa
3 Likes
  1. Aligulac stats do not matter, unless they show that my race doesn’t perform well, then they do!

2. insert random fantasy composition that counters everything and propels you to masters with 45 apm (the last one i read about is mass phoenix/disruptor vs terran lol, if i had to guess next one will be mass adept,sentry all ins lol)

Great post dude.

2 Likes