What is the swarm host counter?

The 2nd match for classic vs dark was pretty sad, swarmhost + nydus won despite classic killing 25 workers at start, AND winning pretty much every fight classic took.

was there something he could have done differently to win?

my question is why doesnt swarm host work more like carrier?

-locusts dont have leash range like carriers

-locusts have much higher dps than interceptors (23 vs 5)

-locusts have more durability than interceptors (50 hp vs 40hp, both can get 1 armor)

-interceptors cost minerals vs locusts have a cooldown.

-carriers cost more than double the cost of a swarm host, more than triple if you count the cost of interceptors.

Sorry if this sounds strictly like a complain post, but really when I watch the 2nd classic vs dark match, I cannot figure out how classic could have won.

1 Like

Locusts have a max range via their timer.
locusts total damage done is way less than an interceptor, because of the timer.
Locusts durability is tiny, they die after time.
Locusts cost a lot, swarm hosts aren’t free.
Carriers cost more because they are better, and can fly.

Locusts also need to be micro’d at times because they will attack the nearest target or highest attack priority. They have a long cool down for only 2 locusts that have a timed life less than half the cooldown. They also only Attack ground and have a big animation delay and slow travel, giving opposing armies time to withdraw/evacuate. They really need to be used as a surprise tool or against buildings. Also means that using the maximum range cuts into the damage output of a locust wave since traveling takes so much of their timed life.

Carriers can produce 5 intercepts In a fairly similar time frame that a swarm today makes 2 locusts, maxing at 8 interceptors. Interceptors are more consistent damage I sustained fights, move/engage much faster, and never leave the carrier in a huge vulnerable cooldown state every 45 seconds just from being used. (unless your taking a lot of bad engagements)

That being said, i think the locusts could trade off some dps for a shorter cooldown. Sniping a nexus or cc in 5 seconds seems a bit ridiculous