What if... unranked mmr

Worthy of another topic, this is another idea I’ve brought up before and still really like. I also don’t think it should be limited; just allow unranked to choose the match-up. I would actually play unranked if this option was available. Playing random, it’s very hard to get good practice in your weak matchups.

This is as much anxiety than opening two gates in PvP instead of nexus first in everymatch-up. It’s optimization, strategy. Call if anxiety if that makes you feel better.

It applies to all 1v1. Each game you play, you lose or gain MMR on the account you do play. The fact you do not see the MMR in unranked doesnt change the mechanic. If you’re not outright trolling us, tell us why the decision is on “me” on unranked, and isn’t on ranked ?

I do not mean to be offensive CollegeWings, but I am investing more than 40’ a day into shedding light on something that isn’t only about me, and that in fact mostly affect leagues levels below mine. I have a thread that I put lot of attention into, that is dedicated for the players that are going through that, and that could be used by the devs as well. It’s one of the very few constructive threads of this whole forum. Who are you to speak about morals and altruism to me ? What have you done for this community ?

It could happen on reverse, if you do winstreak in unranked and losestreak in ranked, you could be at 4.9K unranked and 4.5K in ranked. The point is if you do play regularly with one matchmaking modality, that modality’s MMR will be your current one. So if I’m at 4K in unranked, then in means that the way I play in unranked is worth 4K.

You’re making the same confusion than people not making the difference between playing a players’ main, and his offrace. His offrace could completely be worth an MMR different than his main. That’s not fraud, nor immoral, nor smurfing.

However it can sometimes be smurfing, but then smurfing is the issue, and applies to both unranked and ranked. Your indignation is misdirected.

Dude, you go as far as writing that pressing an unranked button would be immoral, complain about being match against higher league players, and then just straight up advise me to smurf ? Lag put aside and supposing I do not freelose there is no advantage to do so, and I would probably be matched with players under my level for a time ; whereas both my unranked and ranked accounts are around my current level. So that would on the contrary frustrate more people, whereas all my opponents of my native server can see my real history in case of doubt.