What if Probius was an actual champion?

Probius is a probe hero which is unlocked when finished researching all Champion AIs.
Unfortunately he has no defining ability of his own, he is just an easter egg.
What if he can fight?
Link: https://youtu.be/ca5kF4MG5Vs

As a last tier champion and with purpose of making him Joker Character Probius has lots of abilities.
I tried to give him as many abilities as possible in HotS.

Stat

Summary

100 Life
100 Shield

Ability

Summary

Phase Monumental Pylon

• summons Pylon which has 16 range of Power field and regenerates Fenix’s energy 5 per second.
    Ps. ignore the death animation where the pylon turn into a Void Shard (I don’t know what happened)

Phase Photon Cannon

• summons average Photon Cannon instantly. Lasts for 25 seconds and has 3 charages

Phase Shield Battery

• summons average Shield Battery instantly. Lasts for 25 seconds and has 2 charages

Structural Overcharge

• Cast weaker version of Structural Overcharge with no shield and 25 rapid fire blast with 8 range.
2 Likes

-NO YOU CANT JUST MAKE PROBIUS INTO SC2
-sc2 map editor sounds job’s finished

2 Likes

Tried to make it as close to HotS hero but not completely so on purpose.
The result is pretty good, Probius is the only Champion that is heavy on support and needs micro. He turned out quite unique.

1 Like

Lol too much hassle.

1 Like

Didn’t you watch the LotV opening? He’s already a hero.

4 Likes

I’d have just given him like 6 build range, and structure overcharge. Maybe let him mine like a Terran Mule too. Then just let him transfer to another probe when he dies. I feel like the HotS version is a little too much.

1 Like

Well, you can always make him mine resources but Probius would be sad and bored, no?

There is something I want to ask, in LotV solar Core there are scenes where Karax keeps repairing a random probe.
Is that Probe Probius or its friend/brother/sister/related?

I feel I didn’t implemented him enough haha, but on serious note I made Probius to be highest end of champions (since all 6 Champions must be researched), so I gave him lot of abilities. He’s not a fighter but a joker supporter/spellcaster.

Easier to just change his gathering cap and speed. Once Fenix gets all 6 champion A.I.s out, the game is basically over (unless the player didn’t set up their economy properly for some reason).

And it is only at this point you can get Probius. I would find it hard to see anyone who would need a larger-field-pylon, or switch tech to defensive structures. What would make it special and still useful, albeit not all that great, is to simply increase Probius’s gathering speed and capacity.

So getting him would be just a small addition, which Probius can continuously contribute. On the other hand, if he has to be “on the field”, replacing him would be just as much of a pain as any Karax replacing their probe, even with its 100/100 bulkier buff.

I didn’t consider Probius’s Pylon field would clash with the Conservators but his cannons serve as replacement detectors (Instead of Arbiter) as well as cover-fires (not to mention Structural overloads) and some measure of shield healings.

Just as long as hotkeying it and don’t command attack with its puny Probe beams he’ll be fine. Foes attack workers foremost when they decide to attack. He also have speed boost so he can run away quicker.

Hmmm, I guess improved mining capabilities is an alternative way to use him.
Would be useful this capability can be applied to actual Co-op Probius it would be cool if he can become more than just an easter eggs (Fenix has two and Alarak have one(The Red Jewel on the panel)).

Give him an ability similar to his HotS warp rift and disruption pulse as a calldown. When a disruptor blows up its purification nova at the center of the rift, it launches a PURIFICATION NUKE.

EDIT: Oh, I thought you meant as a commander, because a probe as a co-op commander would be hilarious.

2 Likes

I considered that but It is really hard to implement, that program is still beyond me I’m afraid.

That would be awesome as April Fools day, unfortunately blizzard gave up April Fool content 2 years ago…

I had an idea for Probius: what if he could warp in any structure or unit that you can afford, like for instance a Colossus. basically giving the robo and stargate, warpgate tech

You mean like a super probe?
I guess that would fit Karax’s Probius (super builder hero) much better than Fenix’s Probius (mobile spell caster champion) (Hero are higher tier than Champions therefore better abilities).

As super probe, he can also have improved mining capabilities as well.