What if Fenix's Another Prestige?: Purifier Pantheon

Based on being just a what-if prestige, it seems really promising and highly engaging for Fenix players. Well done.

Though I’m probably gonna wait for the demo on YT since the description seems kinda confusing (maybe is just me).

3 Likes

I don’t fully understand how this works it is a bit confusing in places but I do understand this much: a Superfriends prestige where you can’t use Fenix himself doesn’t make a lot of sense to me

1 Like

I proofread the OP and I realise that lot of things don’t make much sense because I was quickly writing the concept ideas. Now I corrected most sentences to better explain what they do (hope it helps).

Anyways the Videos are uploaded. You can view them at any time.
Link: https://youtu.be/FzsmqyzUl-U

2 Likes

The test was done in Oblivion Express against Terran Mech composition (Thor/tanks). My army was set to maxumum Upgrade/Research.
Champions benefit from Champion Attack Speed (15) and Champion Shield/Health (15) mastery

Result
All of my champions power surged to Tychus level and with Conservators protecting them with 35% barrer (60% with Wrathwalker’s shield) they become truly invincible.

I don’t endorse this but if someone are considering what-if Champions are ascended to heroes, this maybe a vague but vivid representation of it.

In conclusion, due to the simplicity and great power of this prestige (They are like Tychus) I am not particularly fond of it (I am not a Tychus person anyways).

It’s kind of cool, but I still think Fenix should be able to lead from the front. half of benefit of Cybros Arbiter is the “calldown anywhere” aspect, the second half is “recall to me”. If Arbiter is always with the army, recall value is greatly reduced. And just IMO but I play with Fenix so I can play as Fenix

Otherwise definitely better than the current prestiges and changes the playstyle by quite a bit but in a logical way. Did you ever figure out how to give Clolarion repair drones? For this prestige they are not so necessary with the extra lives mechanic but I am curious

1 Like

Well since, I figured since all Champions are as powerful as a hero, I figured to lock Fenix’s 2 suits to balance the disadvantage.

Thanks man. Fenix’s Presitges aren’t that bad but it just somehow awkward especially prestige 2 and 3 (For me, it seems like they are making some Fenix army composition not viable).
I can see prestige 2 working great with Fenix Mech and p3 with Infantries but not vice versa.

Hahaha, I forgot about those. I was actually considering to give Clolarion repair drones but since dying and buffing is Fenix’s thing, I instead added “Hero Killer” aura to it. Since the train had the heroic tag the Fenix Champion (Heroes) ripped it to shreds like paper (I was surprised).

1 Like

man, uve put a lot of work into this, thank u for this :slight_smile:
im thanking u cuz i know blizzard will never see this, but your ideas r amazing!
we people that play Fenix really appreciate your hard work :slight_smile:

love the idea, specially that u can only use heroes and nothing else!! this brings a lot to the game.
but still, too much buff, tho the nerfs r very good.

maybe 25% → 10%

5 sec is way too much, 2 or 3 seems more reasonable

100% → 50-70% ?

i can also think of sth that can be added, each ability gets upgraded for each unit in the conclave?

1- when we have one of each A.I. , we get the invulnerability buff
2- when and A.I. reaches 5 units in the concave, it will get the second ability permenantly until the hero dies completely.

another idea: maybe add an A.I. for the observer and conservator?
and for example the observer A.I. has an ability that can make clones of itself for a short time with a max number of 2

1 Like

I think the devs can implement your lives storage mechanic into Fenix p3, that way the goal is met while the players will no longer have to attack its own units.

1 Like

Thank you very much for liking it!
Yes, some nerf is in order if this prestige to be balanced.

Ok, how about Warbringer only protect deadly spells by 60%?

5 secs is good enough, when you lay brutal 3 sec runs out too quickly.

+50% sound about right.

You mean temporary inv? That kind of would stack with Champion resurrection (through using saved unit data).

I think the 1st additional ability is plenty as it is.

They are in good position as they are actually, the conservators are very powerful tool.

P3 isn’t that bad, I think you may be referring to P2 the Network Administrator because that ability make extensive use of Tactical Data Web (units are 50% efficient also). P2 is quite useful as they are but having an option to store them in the Purifier conclave as data and have them empower/revive champion would be quite useful.

1 Like

I want this to be real! But I still think Fenix should be part of this prestige.

Maybe you can give the damage reduction aura to the Praetor Armor and the heroic slayer aura to the Solarite Dragoon, and have them scale with the number of AI Champions near Fenix (kinda like Tychus ult)

Another thing would be to give Champions a defensive buff (ex: 75% damage reduction) instead of full invulnerability after they revive. If they become invulnerable then your conservators and observers might die more easily.

Finally instead of maximizing Avenging Protocol when a Champion revives, maybe you can make Avenging Protocol affect all Champions + Fenix. Champions that don’t usually die would be able to take advantage of speed increases.

Also this is more of a base Fenix change that I’ve always wanted: make Avenging Protocol also increase cooldown recovery speed (like Artanis warp speed or Raynor drop pod speed). This could replace ur 20% cooldown reduction for each Champion

1 Like

While the focus is good in my opinion, doesn’t change how Fenix is played. Its still an a+click army playstyle, with less numbers but almost invincible units. Tychus’s units at least have to use their abilities. Here all are passives. Also, the point of purifiers is replicable personalities, not making them inmensely powerful. Just my two cents.

If they want to offer an alternative playstyle (not 6 champions) they need to increase the limit for Tactical data web (so you can have 1 superpowered champion instead of 6 middle powered ones

Fenix must lead from the front IMO especially in a superfriends setup

This idea is really nice, I love the concept and thanks for your work (I’m also very curious about how you manage to create this video, I would love to experiment tweaking Fenix).
I was a bit disappointed when Fenix was released that his army was not Tychus like. Tychus came out later but… he is not Fenix. The champions just look so good.
I now you said it’s a what if, but I still want to see if we can think about how to make this prestige works. Here are some observations/critics:

• First one is that the description of this prestige doesn’t follow the prestige design philosophy. The description of a prestige is 5 lines max and easy to understand. It seems impossible to do but maybe we should try to make this description fit into 6 lines. (list of prestiges All 54 Prestige Talents Listed and Specified: Currently The Only List with all 54 written down)
  • Even if Fenix is my absolute favorite commander, I can’t completely disagree with the critic that he is A-move
    • Locking two of the Fenix suits just make this worse
    • The only issue I can see is in the way of using conservators and disruptors.
  • Kaldalis in your video looks really cool but completly cracked.
  • We have to delete every new power to match with the Prestige design
  • Teleporting Talis and Kaldalis with conservator field is one of the cool possibility we should try to exploit more.
  • I don’t really see the point of not researching heroes

Here are a pile of ideas that could be used:

High protection :
-Conservator protection field now protect for 5% only
+Conservator protection field now stack (up to 8)
+Effect doubled on champions
(the idea is to promote the use of conservators, but If only idea has to be kept here it’s effect doubled on champions)

Empty shells:
-Fenix 6 basic combat units have no attack. Max supply capped to 100
( They could also have one health and shield)

Conservators:

• Conservator explosion now deals half damages and hit air
  • Conservator explosion now apply a debuff
    (Actually this change is more general and does not concern prestiges)

Stacked power:

• Champions attack power defense and speed increase with each empty shell.
2 Likes

yes but i suggested this to stop multiple conservators or observers

[quote=“Dehakaburger-3510, post:10, topic:14863”]

this seems a lot better

[quote=“Dehakaburger-3510, post:10, topic:14863”]

but i added this to stop the invulnerable units from soloing a big base, seemed OP to me.

1 Like

well your ideas seem cool but this completely changes what Dehakabruger is tryna say :slight_smile:

The focus are more on champions and there should be multiple Conservators to increase the survival rate for champions.

Nice

In the early stage, Kaldalis/Talis/Mojo could die too quickly and drain Data almost instantly. Let’s make it 3.5 seconds.

1 Like

Disruptor charac

1 Like

This is just P2 with extra steps

it’s really more like P2 with less steps and the drawback of P1 mixed in