What happened to the Infested?

I’ve been gone for a while and I think I’ve missed some lore. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to Stukov and the infested Terrans whom are part of the Swarm now that they are under Zagara’s reign and with the main Zerg faction opting to form relations with the Terrans and the Protoss. It seems only natural that Zagara be trying to find a way to reverse the infestation process and return them to the Terrans as part of a gesture of trust. Except for maybe Stukov, I’m not sure if he’s still with Zagara after the death of Narud. What do you guys think?

We don’t know where one of our favorite space Russians is (there is still Ensign Chekov), but he isn’t with Zag. Zagara holds no sway over him, he’s too complex.
Even when Kerrigan was around he was with Swarm by choice. And his quest for vengeance is over.

He’s probably chilling.

5 Likes

He seems to largely concern about the return of UED. So there’s that.

I don’t think so. She might not infested anymore Terran, but reverse it might be a step too far. She has already given a lot of gesture. She got to keep something. Beside, I think from the Zerg point of view, Infested Terran is a funny looking Zerg, the idea might not even occur to them.

2 Likes

Well she does seem to be already doing a lot to show willingness of cooperation. However are you saying that the Zerg won’t even think about it because they think that infested are just part of the swarm?

More like the idea of mass reverse infestation is completely ridiculous to her.

2 Likes

Zerglings are infested Dune runners and Hydralisks are infested slothiens. Too bad that infested Terrans are just, well, infested Terrans. At most, she could organize something like the Forsaken-Alliance meeting
wow.gamepedia dot com/Gathering

Well, theyre a step or five beyond just being infested. Theyre properly assimilated.

4 Likes

Correct. The Dune Runners and Slothiens are the base-genus. Zerglings and Hydralisks are now produced via Zerg Larvae since said Genus is properly assimilated into the Swarm.

Terrans have not been, as we were generally deemed not remarkable enough.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Aberrations count.

1 Like

They are mentioned to be sloppy, but serviceable. Kinda hard to pin.

Except aren’t a lot of the infested literally dead without their infestation? From what I understand, Stukov being reanimated from the dead by infestation was not something groundbreaking.

I recall they were created by Zagara, and Abathur wasn’t keen on them. I recall him telling Kerrigan in a later conversation that human genetics weren’t worth assimilating (or words to that effect).

However if Aberrations are still around and created from Larvae, then yeah, they’d count.

2 Likes

Its really unclear to me if aberrations are actually infested/assimilated terrans or if theyre just some crazy zerg monstrosity that grew off the biomass. Or, for that matter, if Zagara’s aberrations are the same as the ones on meinhoff.

3 Likes

I’m not sure of that either. You do see a lot of Infested Terrans on Char though, as well as Infested Terran structures (most notably in the first mission), so it is possible.

Aberrations changed stats between campaigns if I am not mistaken.

1 Like

Yep, and then changed stats again going into coop.

1 Like

That’s more gameplay than lore, I think.