What Commander do you think will be added next?

No.

I’d like to see unused units that make sense.

What I want is Ji’nara as an elite unit commander similar to Nova but with top bar abilities instead of a hero unit.

What I think is most likely is Selendis. If this is what happens, an upgradeable Mothership hero unit would be pretty cool I suppose. Not sure what else there would be. My guess is that there would be Zealots of some type as well as some decent flying units to support the Mothership.

For terrans, Tosh seems quite likely. He is a pretty interesting character with an interesting story, and Spectres have not been done yet. This would be an excellent opportunity to introduce a bunch of cool tech.

For the zerg, to me the best choice would be Niadra. I do not really agree with the zerg with protoss tech concept for her, as this has never been part of the story. I think it would make more sense for her to be about leveling up and spawning units like she did in the campaign. It would also be a good opportunity to introduce new strains of zerg units.

1 Like

I find Ji’nara as a Commander interesting. I think she would have something like Votary (Zealots), Blood Hunters, Adepts, Scouts, Carriers or Tempests.

I think she should have a new mechanic.

Apparently Zerg are quite similar to to Tyranids from Warhammer 40,000. Games Workshop asked Blizzard not to use aspects they felt were too similar, and Cerebrate were one of those aspects.

i hope it will be selendis and her golden armada, instant buy!

3 Likes

Does anyone think that Narud would be possible? I mean they added mengsk…

Yes, but Narud is literally the secondary antagonist of the story.

Eh, debatable. Is he the last thing you have to go through to get to Amon? Yeah. But Mengsk is WAY more a part of the story and missions. Narud wasn’t really there that much. All he does in SC1 is kill Stukov and disappear, and he’s hardly in SC2 despite being the “secondary antagonist.” Mengsk has had a much greater presence ever since the game began.

Regardless, I don’t think we should get any antagonists as commanders (I don’t think we should’ve gotten Arcturus at all, it should’ve been Valerian) and instead would rather see the antagonists in co-op missions as objectives or enemies. Honestly the series needed a lot more antagonists anyway, sometimes it’s like Game of Thrones up in here where little to no one is actually the bad guy.

Well he technically is the secondary bad guy, just nobody gives a Void Trasher about it because he was so insignificant and forgettable. Mengsk is almost a 100% like how I imagined Warfield would play out, so I don’t have many complaints (on the co-op front, I think he was horribly handled in the campaigns) of him.

I wouldn’t mind some missions where we fight others than Amon (or the Tal’darim personality).

If they added him as Duran, yes (Duran backstabbed Everyone… including the QoB, why not backstab Amon as well)

2 Likes

Because Duran “backstabbed” everyone in order to further the cause of his master.

lol yeah a backstabbing would imply that he was ever on their side to begin with. He wasn’t, he was manipulating the races in order to resurrect Amon, and he had been trying to do it for millennia.

That’s the canon motivation. Coop Duran could want to have the hybrids carry on the cycle and is “resurrecting” Amon just to finally finish off that threat to his plans.

(backstabbing doesn’t mean you were on their side to begin with, just that they thought you were)

I personally want to see a spectre army with Tosh as a playable character. My picks for the three races:

Terran: Tosh
Zerg: Niadra
Protoss: Selendas

1 Like

What would you want Tosh to have?

Graven Hill with nothing but mercenary contracts and Brood War units. That would be pretty cool.

1 Like