What are people's plans for a spiritual Sc3 Coop mode?

I’m specifically focused on PvE/Coop modes, so while PvP and campaign aren’t strictly off limits, I’d like to keep the focus to that.

Main ones seem to be (along with what I know for now)…
1— Continue with Sc2
Especially w/Coop mode. I mean, I took the time to get all prestiges. It’d be fun to continue reaping those rewards. I have yet to get achievements (Coop and outside of that)

2— StormGate
That’s done by the ex-developers of Sc2, with Monk the most notable amongst them (on account that he participated in these forums before). It’s going to be high fantasy theme, with focus on all 3… Versus/PvP, campaign, and PvE/Coop. Coop will have 3p, and get better focus (than Sc2’s Coop for sure). This will be free-to-play, and expected to come out probably sometime in 2025?

3— ZeroSpace
Scarlett, Maguro, and PiG are the familiar names involved with this. This kickstarter is nearly triple past being fully funded (with Sept. 19th 2023 being the end date). This one is Sci-Fi theme. Campaign is inspired by Mass Effect. There will be PvP/Versus, and PvE/Coop is inspired by the success of Sc2’s Coop mode. There will be 6 “races”, but players will then be able to choose 1 to 4 Mercenary factions, and then one out of 18 heroes. Expected delivery date is Dec. 2025.

4— other
Please specify

I’m leaning towards #3 b/c I dig sci-fi themes much more (it’s what got me to the Sc series in the first place). But, time will tell!

3 Likes

Zero Space looks very interesting!

SC3?

Never heard of him.

Correct. I doubt there’s going to be a Sc3 (three). However, we have some spiritual successors as options coming up in the next year

1 Like

Once these NEW generations of RTS hit the market Sc2 is pretty much dead. I was 100% ready for Stormgate as being the successor of Sc2 then out of nowhere Zersopace dropped a trailer & wow!! I’m just blown away with what they have done already. it looks so good 4 factions at launch, 6 mercenary factions, 3 player co-op, ladders, campaign etc, etc. & its made by some great people that absolutely love Rts games (GiantGrantGames, Scarlett & Maguro the lead deveplper of sc2’s co-op section). The future looks very bright for the RTS genre. I’m jsut glad the RTS scene is coming back alive :smiley:

P.s. One other game you forgot to mention is Tempest Rising which is looking great too!!

What I find funny from those 3 up and coming games is that they have some big similarities:
Zero Space - heavy starcraft influence
Stormgate - heavy red alert influence
Tempest Rising - heavy tiberium wars influence
They’re competitors but they will also appeal to me differently. I still do hope they do some drastic visual makeovers to lower their too on the nose designs.

1 Like

Stormgate: I’m certain they said it’ll be free, and they will sell other optional stuff.
Impression: Imminent failure. SC2 went Free To Play, and it sucks getting backstabbed by random players in Co-Op. People on Ladder also expressed their frustration on maphacks and smurfing ruining their MMR. They want those users banned, but what good does it do if it is free to begin anew?

Zero Space: still waiting for more info.

Hmm, does seem to be an issue. However, I believe the benefit of growing the player base to a large number outweighs the cons of having these folks return and wreak havoc.