Welcome to the jungle

So I’ve completed the game on normal. I have beat every mission, gotten every upgrade in the lab. I’ve got the upgrade for building 2 scv’s and for getting mules. I have bought all the mercenaries. When I go back to play welcome to the jungle on brutal it does not let me have any of these upgrades. When I look on youtube for a strategy to beat this level on brutal they all have the tech upgrades. Any ideas why I don’t have them?

You would have to go through the entire campaign ignoring this mission right up until just before going to char, and then come do this mission. The archives will always remember what tech you had when you did that mission, and because you can do the missions in basically any order…

1 Like

By what mean do you use to replay the mission?

Just in the archives after beating the last mission.

Then just follow WireBender’s.

my guy, just mass Marines. Learned that the hard way a while ago. Goliaths are one of the worst ideas for this mission. Marines and medics can and will destroy the Toss on Bel’Shir

1 Like

Pretty much. Marines come out faster and deal with numbers of air units significantly better than goliaths due to their smart fire. Plus, medics are a thing much earlier than science vessels. Goliaths get better once you get their upgrades for more range and firing at both air and ground targets, but you cant have them for that mission.

1 Like

Few Siege Tanks, some Medics and Marauders to the mix and it is pretty much a deathball.

This worked on hard difficulty but on brutal the collosus and high templar basically insta kill all the marines.

That’s ok, you have reserves.

1 Like

two soltuions are available:
micro (dodge storms, spread marines to minimize casualities)
play like zerg (more marines…and then even more)

1 Like

Rigid strategy, but you need to expand extremely early.

Actually, if you’re looking for an easier time in this mission, you could try diamondback/Goliath. Doesn’t take a lot of goliaths to clear the relatively few air units, and this map uses very few immortals or archons.

I’d rather build Missile Turrets, than build unupgraded non-merc Goliaths that require a tech lab.

Thanks wirebender I didn’t realize that’s how the tech worked. I just figured after beating all the missions you could replay all of them with all of your upgraded stuff.