Was Mengsk delayed during development?

I used to read the developer blogs and I am trying to remember which commanders were delayed due to design/technical issues needing more time. IIRC one of Tychus’ units grappling hook attack took extra time? And also IIRC Mengsk was delayed due to the overall design needing more time. But I have been looking for an hour and can not find a complete archive of all the blog posts or any mention of these things. I am quite certain I remember reading or hearing news of some delays and I think these were the delays, but I would like to review what exactly Blizzard said about them at the time. Does anyone at least remember this, to confirm I’m remembering correctly?

No details here, other than to say Mengsk and Stetmann are 2 COs that work drastically differently. In fact, if changes need to be made to them (like balance tweaks), it’s not something the community can do. Rather, we need actual developers on it (who alas are long gone :frowning: )

will there ever be new commanders? i really like this mode of the game missions // mutations and im brand new to it but i would like to know if its a dead thing at this p;oint or if its still being worked on… willing to put my money where my mouth is and buy all commanders purchasable cuz i love this mode

They announced back in Oct. 2020 that there won’t be anymore, paid content. Given the circumstances, that includes unpaid content by extension.