Vorazun should have a dark archon prestige

I was really saddened there wasn’t something to make dark archons a lot better for vorazun. There should be a prestige that makes them cost less gas, and be able to take over hero units. It would need a good counter cost, but it would add a lot to vorazun if it became a viable strategy.

Edit:
Here’s how I think it should be
P3 (I didn’t like the guard, because it wasn’t that fun. It’s just making shadow guard multiple times, and I like the other two better. Another possibility is Attaching this to P2 as well, but that’s me, unless they do do P4. Then you could just do this as p4):

pro: They can take over heroic units
You can merge two dark templar to make a dark archon.
con: Dark archons can’t attack
Dark archons can’t attack. You can’t build dark archons.
OR

Dark archons Cost 25 for confusion
Dark archons mind control costs 25 less gas
You can merge two dark templar to make a dark archon.
Con: Dark archons can’t attack. You can’t build dark archons.

This stays true to starcraft 1 view of dark archons. Maybe give them feedback as well. Maybe make it so you can’t build, but have to

Edit Edit:
One other possibility to all this is to slap on cheaper or better mind control onto P2 and take away attacks of archons. That would be interesting.

One other thing to consider is
pro: You can mind control heroic units and it costs cheaper!
con: You lose time stop AND/OR black hole (this way Vorazun isn’t as dependent on her abilities and instead has a nice little archon build.

Would also like to see units costing 50% less gas and then losing Time stop instead or something like that. Even reducing gas for dark archons would help them a lot.

4 Likes

I am just thinking of how it could be.

Vorazun P4: The Legacy of Ulrezaj

Pros: Dark Archons require less gas and minerals, Mind-Controlled targets don’t use supplies and have all upgrades, the CD and cost of Mindcontrol are reduced.
Cons: Vorazun can’t use Dark Templars.

7 Likes

What??? P2 is amazing for Dark Archons. Add some Centurions and you can destroy any comp.

1 Like

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They need a baseline change for MC to cost 75-100 energy

1 Like

This. P2 is the Dark Archon prestige.

Yes P2 is but “amazing”? That’s quite the stretch lol.

1 Like

P2 is awesome. It is more interesting than her P1.

1 Like

The dark archon fix would be allowing probes/scv/drones to be mind controlled so they can build a new 200 worth of supply like in SC1.

4 Likes

Vorazun would actually be an interesting commander if that happened

1 Like

There was. Her P2 archons have a 10-second-long stun-plus-psy-storm in the form of Confusion.

Her P2 archons can cast Confusion on hero units, which tends to give you a sense of how bonkers it would be to Mind Control them. Heroic units include hybrids (which don’t have much interesting gameplay attached, they’re just statballs) and objectives (P2 can Confuse the shuttles on Void Launch, as well as the bonus Elementals on Chain of Ascension. She can literally make elementals trap themselves).

I agree that P2 should give Dark Archons a gas cost reduction, though - actually a 25% gas cost reduction for gateway units in general would help ease the pain of being unable to kill buildings at any reasonable speed, and it would make buying Stalkers for high-HP AA less painful.

3 Likes

Not a bad idea. What if instead, you start out with a dark archon a moment after the game starts, they cost less gas, have greater power and toughness but all your other combat units cost double. Stolen units don’t cost supply but your supply limit is otherwise capped at 100. That would open up a whole premutation about mindcontrolling the enemy army.

I agree - I’d be more inclined towards a baseline buff for Dark Archons to be usable in general, and being able to mind control 2 units right away would go a long way to incentivize people to make them.

Dark Archons can be an interesting take on a late-game unit (given their abilities), and buffing them might be the best way to make Vorazun as a whole more interesting, so I think it would be better to make them worth their gas cost instead of decreasing it. That way, Dark Archons would be their own build and playstyle instead of being slotted in with a general DT/Corsair/Oracle comp.

Unless the Dark Archons are twice as strong as they currently are. Even at 200 cap worth of Dark Archons, they’ll die very easily to enemy waves simply due to low damage, low splash, bulky pathing, and short range.

Not that you’d use 200 supply worth of DA to A-move over MC lol, but just saying.

1 Like

i completely agree. It would open up to new strategies. That’s why I dislike P3 as it now stands, because it’s not a new strategy, and I’m not sure if I have it in me to do a P4 earning it again, maybe they could just give you a freeby if you reach P3 idk, although P1 has very little meat to it as well, so I don’t know, but this would really incentivize people to go out and get Vorazun, I can’t believe that Blizzard would ignore this option.

1 Like

Definitely some valid points. I like the lower gas idea as well, as the zealots are terrible. Your right Dark Archons are more powerful in p2, but not the mind control. I want a prestige to concentrate on mind control as it’s not that powerful, instead we get an archon that has a nonlethal storm, albeit pretty good. One thing as a possibility would to take away attack in P2 for archons, and then making mind control cheaper, and just extend P2.