Vibe’s main focus, depending on your skill level is all based around Macro. Thats it.
- Keep this up first and formost. This should be priority 1. Building workers nonstop. Until you hit critical mass which is around 70ish for all races. Vibe mentions a specific count but i dont recall offhand.
- Building units as much as possible.
- Expanding and proper worker micro.
- A balance between teching up, worker production, upgrades, and unit production.
- Build more production buildings to make more units as you expand. Terran has the most, followed by Protoss, and then the Zerg.
Do not worry about attacking. Do not worry about defending. If you are being attacked make some workers. Who cares if your in Dia or Masters and your playing like a Gold. Who cares if you lose. Work on the basics under pressure. Then when you get 200/200 just A move.
There is so many things to worry about in this game. There is so many ways to attack, to defend, to counter certain units, how to scout, etc. There is so many ways to deal with cheeses. FORGET all about that if you can’t keep up your macro.
Even if you want to play a short game or not economy focused and be very aggressive. Then do that… as long as you keep up your macro. GM players have macro mostly down, but even they screw up based on what happens in a match. Don’t even worry if your build is not 100% hitting all its timers. Its not that important in the low leagues. You will learn through osmosis as you play.
Do not get bogged down in niche situations where X player took x unit and did x when I had this many workers or bases. That’s GM level stuff.
Most unique situations your not going to run across on ladder very much. Have a general strategy on how to deal with styles of play.
Pros want to beat Serral. They are just going to have to up their game and practice. Its certainly possible to beat even your most difficult opponents and overcome your hardest obstacles in the game.
Vibe’s advice is solid. Its something that has been said 1000 times over since WoL. Once you have the basics down you can divert a bit to your style of play.
I don’t know what league your in, but i hope this helps. And don’t fret when you lose a game or 10 in a row. Because it bound to happen to all of us at some point.