Vibe's bronze to GM strat

So watched a few videos by VIBE. His Bronze to GM strats. I noticed he did a lot of cyclone hellion play. But when I do it I just get wrecked. Did they nerf the Cyclone? Is this no longer a viable strat?

Work on your micro maybe?

That series is old. He has a newer one where he recommends going Thor plus hellion/hellbat.

Not sure why he made the change but it probably has to do with cyclones being more of a glass cannon since the last patch. I don’t use them much myself except for early air defense.

2 Likes

I’m not aware of a Cyclone nerf since ViBE did his last B2GM series, which was about 7 months ago. He did use Cyclone-Hellion play, but only in Diamond through Masters. In lower leagues he emphasized focusing on Macro at the expense of Micro, usually ignoring his Thor-Hellbat “A-move” armies, just to prove his point. So if I had to guess why the Cyclone-Hellion comp is not working for you, it’s probably like ViBE suggested, players in the lower leagues don’t have good enough mechanics yet to be able to maintain good macro, while micro’ing, and Cyclone-Hellion requires a lot of micro.

2 Likes

Yes, the cyclone now requires a tech lab instead of reactor.

1 Like

No, the mechanics are different. He said cyclones auto lock on and he simply moves by enemy units, they lock, and he runs. They no longer do this. You have to actually click lock on. And they don’t do as much damage as his did.

1 Like

Yes, but where is the autolock? Where is the killing a Nexus in 10 seconds?

Replay please. You also didn’t post your current mmr / mmr range.
–> drop . sc
and fill in spaces so the “link” gets accepted by the forum software.

Doesn’t matter. His strat SUCKS! Has gotten me killed everygame.

Of course. It’s never your fault and you don’t want to improve. Just upload a replay and we can help you. But if you start whining like a little kid, don’t expect anyone to come to the rescue. Sc2 is for people who at least try to improve.

1 Like

First of all his stras doesnt suck, I recently hit d2 doing his exact build. Secondly you can snipe CC/Nexus/hatchery fast using rapid fire targeting on your cyclones. You kind of sound like you fast forwarded through most of the series and just stole the build order. Watch all his videos in your league and listen to what he says. I’m absolutely destroying people right now with his build and it’s very one sided.

1 Like

Yeah - I’m d2/d1 but I also watched most of the videos - even the bronze ones because there’s so much more than only taking a peek at a build and then trying it out on ladder.

I had this problem until I stopped trying to target-fire units with the cyclones…if you a-move to a location on the map (or past their army), they will lock-on to closest target. I promise.

Buildings you have to manually activate lock-on, just hold down the “C” key and clickclickclickclickclick. Same thing if you want to lock-on units at the rear like ravagers beyond the lings.

1 Like