Variant definitions cant be validated when trying to publish

Can anyone help an old guy figure out why my map wont publish?
It is the Border Dispute map that just has some cosmetic changes for the most part.
Willing to pay someone that knows what they are doing to get what I am looking for.

Any error message and/or screenshot to share to have more information?

error msg, variant definitions cannot be validated.

In Map / Map Options, in the Options tab, if in Publishing Options, the setting is Arcade Map, you may try to change it to Melee/Custom Map.
May make it work, or may display other errors that allow to better identify an issue.

Otherwise, in Map / Game Variants…, did you modify something?
If no, maybe you would have to check the checkbox at the bottom, if it’s unchecked, “Use Default Variants”.

That’s what I could find so far.
Good luck.

I get this issue sometimes and I usually have quite in depth variant settings - but the issue occurs seemingly at random, and yes often when I’ve messed with Player Properties to assist me with Local Testing (like switching control between User/Computer), Variants will just implode on me as a result - and to me it seems like it just gets totally corrupted because changing things back does nothing to fix the issue - for me the only fix sadly - is to delete every single variant and re-enter them all - tedious and frustrating bug to deal with for sure. If you can avoid touching the evil ‘Player Properties’ menu then do so.

1 Like