Underrated/Overlooked Prestieges?

Just out of curiosity, what are your guys thoughts on Underrated/Underappreciated or overlooked noteworthy prestige that you guys enjoy or think offer fun or engaging gameplay worth going after?

For instance, i’ve seen a lot of focus mainly focus on big highlight prestige’s like Karax’s p1-p3.

But i’ve seen a couple players surprise me with some extremely powerful results on commanders such as some extremely powerful Apex (P3) Zagara players, who were teleporting around at 2 minutes into the map and had a constant presence summoning waves of hunter killers and assaulting waves on Mining evacuation with swarms of Banelings to completely nuke the whole map.

I’ve also had some p2 kerrigans surprise me with how despite the big apparent downside, it seems to work really well for supporting armies of units such as mass hydra/zerglings to do quick work of a lot of units with the right stuns and masteries, just mopping up units.

Meanwhile for Tychus, i know a lot of people focus on the past pre nerf P2 Lone Wolf and P1 for sirius, but for farming some casual stock Brutal games and competing on the killboard. I’ve had some extremely devasating games using the P3 with mind control double healer builds against Terran/Toss with 4/4 Tych, 1/4 Rattle, 0/4-1/4 Sam and 1->2->4/4 Vega with a 1-2/4 Nikara mind controlling Carriers>Thors>BCs>Sci vessels/Medivacs or dropping it on ally pushes for a giant meat shield.

A lot of people crap over a nukeless Odin or a Vega it seems or a second healer, but it can be a really fun build messing around with Outlaws and using the micro from earlier lone wolves to micro push the Odin to one area, Cap and steal good mcs with another, and use mced abilities such as Tactical jump + medivac or Yamatos to snipe Malwarefare towers or rush in science vessels to irradiate the enemy’s siege tanks to kill all their bio.

Meanwhile there can be other indirect but pretty fun and cheesy synergies as well too. Take for instance a p2/p0 Shieldguard + Cannontul with a p1 Karax. You can warp in the cannons anywhere, and with the chrono boost and +500% with potential +3-5 upgrades warpable anywhere, they’re able to just melt through and obliterate anything in the way.

What are some underrated or Overlooked Prestieges in your guy’s opinions, or playstyles you really enjoy? (From mind controlling, to microing multiple fronts, to setting up a unstoppable army or opening up fun and new playstyles? )

1 Like

Wouldn’t Vorazun’s Prestige 2 (Withering Siphon) and Prestige 3 (Keepers of the Shadow) be underrated? I didn’t used it but they seem to have an edge if used right.

1 Like

There are some mixed bag for Swann P3. On one hand, this prestige is good. On the other, you have to go through 2 uninteresting(or bad) prestige in order to use it.

Stukov P3 is overrated. You have to go through 2 prestige for this and it need mastery 90 to be good. If you want swarmy style commander, Abarthur SH P2 or Strettman Infestor would do a better job.

Abarthur is one commander I don’t get why people say that he only has bad prestiges. P1 and P2 are amazing. Only P3 is bad but this thing was designed “For fun” and for very long map like Malwarfare. And this is P3 too so it is pretty optional to go for.

Recently started leveling Han & Horner. P1 is surprisingly good. Only played 2 or so games at max level with it since i started P2 soon after though, so not too much experience with it. 80% faster arming mines are quite useful, even offensively.

Yeah honestly for the Average Abathur player, it seems like the p1 isn’t that bad. Sure maybe not as power spiky as a well educated and good well fed / lured or healed Abby p0, but for the average pug using it, roaches/ravagers or Swarm hosts army seem decent for it or Mutas or mass 200/200 Abathur armies with Biomass masteries. A +100% biomass recovery rate is nothing to sneeze at for a player that might otherwise be sunk (esp for a ally potentially permanantly with a dead brutalisk or leveling.

For Swann allies i don’t really actually mind the drill all that much for p1. It’s not really much but i find that the extra gas and a extra help on pushes (even if the player is afk or okay) does seem to help support a bit. It’s not really flashy but at least you get a guarantee of a support even with all the Non cd using Battlecruiser raynors who don’t even use calldowns 1-20 minutes in.

It’s cool to see more playstyles emerge from these prestieges as well too. A lot of times it was just recognize the best working / all rounder of stock and repeat it, but it’s really cool to see how people are using other prestiges, and also how they play around with mastery points can completely make or break a build. (Like kerrigan and mastery points for p2/p3), or Mechstukov/swarmkov or Zagaras.P1 and p3 might be overlooked imo, they both seem niche but seem to perform really well in silver bullet situations. When there’s a lot of Aoe that needs to be done or a void shard that needs to be bombed p1 can obliterate, and p3 seems to be really fast and has the potential for really quick map presence/vision/bombing or a more summoner centric zagara style.

1 Like

I’ve seen alot of ppl bashing onto p1 Kerri since you lack instant transport of the worms.

Tbh I actully prefer p1 over p0 since while u dont have instant mobility like with omega worms , you do still have very fast mobility with creep over the map.
Which is now really easy to do when you have 1-2 queens in a seperate controll group behind your army placing tumors.
And even with only 1 queen u can get most of the map covered very fast since the tumors have an (almost instant) gigantic creep spread radius of (i think) ~12.
It suprisingly makes early game easier if you can bring out a queen fast since kerrigen with +60% attack speed obliterates most attack waves herself till mid-lategame

1 Like

I don’t know if it counts as underappreciated (I only see it rarely, for what it’s worth), but I love P3 Raynor. The macro is similar but not the same as classic Raynor, and the army is fun as hell. But the real star of the show is the Hyperion. With a maxed air force, there’s something like 70-80% uptime and it is amazing. Splashy yamatos, teleportation, point defense drones, a devasting laser array; a maxed army is backup to this bad boy. It’s fantastic.

Only incredible annoying downside is vipers will ruin your day, especially in the mid game before significant bc’s have been made. Parasitic bomb is a nightmare.

I think a lot of people have been sleeping on Artanis’ P2 since its nerf. Pre-nerf P2 didn’t require any change in playstyle whatsoever; you could just use it by ‘warping’ your army next to itself and then A-moving as normal.

Since the energy cost increase, you have to be a lot more deliberate in how you use your power field - plan engagements around it, make it central to your army’s movement, etc - but you still get global mobility and the trigger of the warp-in mastery, both of which are very strong on Artanis.

1 Like

First time i hear that you get the warp in mastery buff with P2. Sounds pretty powerful…

But then again, i would hate not having the energy regen mastery for storms.

How much does it cost now? I think it was 25 energy last time i checked…

The current cost is 25 energy. It used to be 10.

If you can, give it a shot. I’ve had a lot of fun with it even post-nerf. The payoff for managing the field right is awesome.

Yeah, i’m gonna give it a try later today.

The one thing i hate with Artanis P2 though is that you can’t always have the power field wherever you like.

I wish they made it so you only have to pay 25 energy, if you actually were teleporting units and not if you just want to replace the field itself.

2 Likes

From my observation over peoples opinion, it is Mengsk P2, Kerrigan P2 and Raynor P3.
Also Fenix P1 with bugged arbiter is surprisingly good too, pure upgrade over P0 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is Stukov’s Plague Warden prestige even useful? I rarely see them as Stukov’s prestige and I don’t feel particular change in gameplay when I’m with my partner.

Is it good?

P1 is statistically fine, I just think it’s boring and a huge missed opportunity to focus on something more interesting like skyzerg, kinda wish I had a leviathan prestige.

P2 is incredibly powerful although it’s true power is mostly visible on the longer maps, yes you can deep tunnel around and kill off objectives quite fast, but you’ll be hard stuck on roach rav while doing it because of how expensive swarm hosts are, they only truly reach critical mass on longer maps.

P3 is utterly worthless, it’s just winmore and provides no new tactical play.

1 Like

I’d say fenix p2 but that’s cuz no one plays fenix.

Hasn’t Maguro replay analyzer been finding Fenix to be a reasonably common ally?

Fenix P2 Kaldaris can absolutely destroy everything on the ground with 7 legionaries + empowered blades researched. Against air comps it’s not the best Fenix prestige (though Mojo, Talis, Colarion, plus Warbringers purification blast make it not terrible) but this prestige just destroys ground comps with a maxed out or near maxed out Kaldaris.

the best part is how the full power of this prestige hasn’t been achieved yet. the macro boost that half-cost units provides is INSANE, meaning you can produce so many things at once. so much stuff to perpetuate AP with…

1 Like

Artanis P3, even I thought it was bad overall, not the best prestige but the fast expo+wave wiping calldown does affects his scaling.

Mengsk P2, amongst players who likes him legit plays this no doubt, but most does P1 or P3 because troopers are good units, assuming they know bunkers.

Kerrigan P1, it is a good prestige actually, this enables queens as mineral dump and makes ultras more unkillable than they already are, but omegas are so easy and convenient to use that P2 and P3 is just better overall.

Alarak P2, I don’t see much Alarak players out there, much less one using this despite being descent and mech army-welcome.

Nova P2, to be fair, this prestige is not interesting and you will rarelly abuse this prestige, but to me this is just a better P0 imo, you rarelly need the airstrike, if anything you end up using just because you’re flying on minerals.

Raynor P3, looks bad trying out at first but once you get the build order going, this can go crazy.

Neither really good or bad. It’s down side is kinda minimal, but the banshee special drop ability does impact dmg, so against a few comps (terran bio and some zerg comps), stukov can now clear waves fast without calldowns, and it makes punching especially fortified areas easier, but you have a lot less trickle of infested, thta and the added micro to do some of this, it’s a good sidegrade, but meh otherwise, still fun for me to use. More the P3 bunkers at least. Although arguably because of banshees speed for many it’s faster to clear with P0 stukov.

2 Likes