Unbreakable or just missing something

dramatic word in tittle for attention.
I’m having a problem with the Def of Terra.
whether bio or mech.
the first 3 bases are mostly OC.
army and rally point is between 2 and 3 bases.
at each base is a wall to the outside.
4+ bases are mostly PF.

and now the first problem at each base except the main is 1 tank or and another siege unit.

i lose most of my harass army already trying to get to the scv.
most harass units are outranged by PF and with repair and siege units i am forced to invest a lot of money.

the second problem i have is turrets. lately i have the feeling that all t spamming turrets . the consequences of mutas are uselss and overlord have the same problem.
And T doesn’t need much for harass either. 1-2 lib or 2 medi.

Right now, the safest thing to do is just try and block Terra’s base four.

what are you doing?
wait for a mistake or do you wait until terra attacks?

If it gets to that point, i go crazy with nydus and ultras + corruptors. This way you get behind his def, and can start destroying his production = win.

Corruptors can also destroy pf’s with their pee

but same T build ton turrets. so i get no vision for nydus.

bane drops cuz tanks dont shoot up
16/18/17, pull 2 off gas, get ovie speed, back into gas, lair/bane nest/evo (I don’t remember whats required for dropper lord, I think lair) then fly over the mineral line and let the bodies hit the floor.
IF you want a challenge, start poking the front before you send in your dropper lord(s).
hard mode - drop main and nat at the same time

Obviously keep up your macro, scout, creep, etc during opening

a) terran builds tons of static defense --> why don’t you just max out asap on 80 drones and then go 200/200 t3?
b) terran has no defense --> drops, nydus, runbys, swarm hosts (vs. mech)
c) terran has a little defense --> find the holes

So in short: Scout more maybe? Watch your replays to figure it out? If you don’t understand what you’re scouting, you could talk to people, show your replays or just watch the replay a couple of times in peace.
The 2 most important things are probably the 4min scout and the existence or lack of a 3rd base at that time.

1 Like

20+ banelings if no tank

12+ swarm hosts if tanks

I would say bane bust but also keep in mind a viper can disable the PF if it gets to that point. If they’re on 4 bases you should have a couple vipers for abducts on a tank or two and cloud the PF, making it completely useless to anything that is not in melee range.