Ultrawide 32:9 5120x1440 support?

When is this going to be available? Warcraft 3 has it just fine

Anyone have a solution in the meantime?

1 Like

no, sc2 is an esport, warcraft 3 is a cashgrab.

there was already a thread like this that got bumped for several months.

3 Likes

Yeah dunno what something being an “esports” has to do with playing with sub optimal settings

1 Like

because they dont want pro players to gain unfair advantages over each other by buying better screens with more vision.

2 Likes

I find that incredibly hard to believe they wouldn’t support resolutions for bigger monitors because having more vision of the fog of war matters at all. but if that’s the case they should really look into what kind of people are making decisions over there. maybe we can petition them to get 144hz monitors banned and mice with more than 3 buttons removed too while we’re at it

7 Likes

I bought the last Samsung G9 and I can’t play SC2 anymore.
Can you just give us letterbox Blizzard at least please ? I prefer this than not being able to play anymore…

2 Likes

Same here, I actually never finished the campaign and when I made the move from 16:9 to only 21:9 I inquired about the refusal of Blizzard to support higher aspect ratio’s back in 2018 and my complaint fell on deaf ears. I understand the argument for multiplayer, to a certain degree, but if we are going to make that argument then how is that someone with a higher refresh rate monitor with lower latency, a better processor and GPU etc. does not similarly have an unfair advantage? Also, how hard is it to allow higher aspect ratio’s only for single player campaign?

They have no logic behind any of this nonsense and because of this same line of reasoning extending to their entire library I’ve never, to this day, played Overwatch. It came and occupied some interest for a time and like many others, I complained about how they simply cropped a 16:9 image to make it 32:9 and they remained apathetic. Guess what Blizzard? 16:9 is trash, youre basically stuck in an 20 year old aspect ratio. Imagine Blizzard with these titles refusing to implement aspect ratio’s greater than 4:3 when the entire industry moved to 16:9 in the early 2000’s, that’s how stupid this is.

Golf clap for E-Sport’s nonsense. I have no desire to play this game against people whose sole life consists of playing SC2 all day and can even play it with their feet. I just want to enjoy the single player campaign on my Samsung Odyssey G9 but I suppose that’s too much to ask.

Also, with Overwatch, the E-Sports argument falls on it’s face pretty hard considering the game isn’t hard-capped to 60 Hz and artificial latency isn’t introduced for those with low latency peripherals and the sound engine limited to binaural 2 channel audio so people with full surround set-ups don’t have an “unfair advantage”.

So done with Blizzard and their nonsense. I haven’t purchased anything from them in years! Good riddance! You want to act like a stupid idiot, I will take my business elsewhere! SC2 uninstalled for good!

4 Likes

I’m gonna necro this thread just because I agree with all the people who are in favor of supporting 32:9 and I don’t think I need to re-state their points.

What I would like to add, is that I think restricting hardware support is actually quite anti e-sport and is something that is preventing Blizzard from having the SC:BW type success in the new generation of E-Sports.

Like fortnite lets you play keyboard mouse, controller, ipad, cell phone, however the heck you want to play. Someone told me that game was pretty successful.

You know what I think would be cool for E-sports??? Watching someone play games on a VR headset VS someone on an Odyssey G9 VS someone on a console. If the VR headset has a competitive advantage and they end up cleaning up at competitions… who cares??? If anything that would be great for VR headset sales and great for the game to get that kind of publicity. Anyone who is serious about winning at that particular game will get onboard with whatever hardware is the best.

Nowadays the only competitive advantage you can get in games like CS2 and LoL is to up your framerate and monitor refresh rate as high as possible. So you got some gamers maxing that out to the max. It’s sooooo boring and makes the gaming landscape really stale. There’s VR headsets, there’s ultrawide monitors, let us game however we wanna game, and if one of these methods proves to have more competitive advantage than the others, let the sweats all migrate to that platform together. I don’t care. Just keep me the league where I’ll have fun games because I just wanna have fun. But I would love to watch a bunch of sweaty 14 year olds in VR headsets showing me how dominant they can be in a game with them.