Tychus pathfinding

I don’t know if this has been brought up before but… What’s up with Tychus and outlaw pathfinding? Especially Nikara. I haven’t noticed any issues with other commanders. They either get stuck and die, usually units go around the obstacle, or melee enemies but not Tychus and his outlaws. Have few melee enemies bashing Nikara? Good luck getting her to get the hell outta dodge. Please fix this.

Nikara doesn’t have a weapon, and units cant bully enemy units out of the way. If she gets surrounded, she’s going to stay there until somebody rescues her. Mostly its only more noticeable with Tychus because he only has the 5 units to be watching to begin with, and melee units will surround them harder if you don’t proactively keep them away.

It´s not just enemy units, it´s other things as well. If I place down Sam´s turrets, she will get stuck between them while other outlaws simply walk around them.

Also it´s not bullying enemy units out of the way, when either Tychus or Nikara are surrounded by TWO and I repeat TWO broodlings, it´s not like it´s 15 broodlings so they can´t move out but two, other units from other commanders just simply walk around that kind of stuff but Tychus and Nikara just go effin derp. Other outlaws are fine from I have seen.

Maybe just don’t use Nikara. I know that’s not a satisfying answer, but she’s not very good. Rattlesnake is almost always better, aside from particular mutations.

Only other thing I can think of is to use Cannonball with Nikara. He’s melee and ridiculously aggressive, and I always have problems with him charging in to bases. It might work with Nikara’s propensity to do the same.

That’s most likely what I will do, use her with Cannonball as they’re the same. Most of the time I use Rattlesnake for healing except on bursty enemy comps.

Can’t seem to find it, but Maguro made a fantastic topic regarding medic pathing on the forums here. I’ll try to dig it up later if/when I get a chance.

I vaguely seem to remember reading something similar, but couldn’t find it anymore.

Found it:

Much appreciated Rick. Just lmao at the first video titled Brave girl when she spins around doing nothing. Glad it wasn’t all just in my head. They need to fix this asap. Using Rattlesnake as a substitute is not a solution. :laughing: