Tychus "Lone Wolf" is soooo adictive

That’s why I don’t spend time on unlocking prestige perks. It really is typical for Blizzard.

they changed everything but just not the mistake in text…

2 Likes

If they wanted it to be a single outlaw, they should have made gear cost 3x as much (+200%)

i’d be ok with that honestly

F to Blizzard. I guess they don’t want us to enjoy the game this way.

As someone who keeps ending up with Tychus P2 random allies… I’m looking forward to actually being able to play the game.

It’s genuinely unfun to be in a situation where no matter how hard I macro/micro, I will not be as effective as my ally attack-moving into the enemy army with one unit. Hopefully this nerf means people will use it as intended - microing multiple fronts with individual hero units (which I suspect they’ll still be great for).

3 Likes

I’m actually glad it got nerfed. There were way too many people running Tychus with Lone Wolf and destroying the map before I can get an army going. Even while at low level Tychus was able to rush objectives by himself with little to no upgrades.

4 Likes

Lol LW took Tychus into void rift soloing tier, it was begging for a nerf. Don’t a bunch of people here complain about brutal being too easy? LW makes even mutations easy.

1 Like

Low tier mutation, maybe. High tier mutation with ok combination? Nah.
Just one “We move unseen” already screw Tychus LW and that is just one of the very common tier mutation.

I’ve said it already and I’ll say it again. I wish this prestige would just go away. There’s no way to please everyone. Either people complain it’s too power and ruins their fun, or it’s undertuned and becomes pointless compared to the versatility and fun factor of P1 and P3. I don’t think there’s a feasible way of making everyone (begrudgingly) content. We need a full redesign or just a new prestige entirely.

1 Like

Agree with the nerf. It destroys your ally’s mood.

2 Likes

I feel like the people complaining about the Lone Wolf nerf are the same ones that complained about the general Zeratul cannon nerfs. (In general, not that it was overdone.)
Lone Wolf was just too powerful, straight up. It allowed players to essentially solo missions while their allies take a nap. Those who were playing it were just going “lol I delete waves” and their allies playing with them… Well, weren’t having a very nice, interactive time.
Tychus is one of the lowest skill floors in the game. Lone Wolf only served to turn Tychus into a near-mindless Commander. It was essentially “one click and forget” which was very unhealthy for the game. The nerf was 100% deserved.

Right, but by that logic the prestige might as well not exist. The only appeal of it is how overtuned it is. The answer is better design, not nerfing something overpowered to the point its appeal takes a nose dive. Then it’s like Tychus essentially has two prestiges instead of three. So here’s hoping they tinker with all the prestiges they rushed out the door and fine tune them.

1 Like

Yes, I absolutely agree with you. It’s one of those “break or bust” prestige talents that you either leave and let it be broken… Or completely remove it and make something else.
Let’s see how the 75% value works out for them, then make a judgment call.

1 Like

A more interesting prestige they could have made in the first place is something like allowing you to buy duplicates of the same outlaw

or maybe all outlaws cost 90% less, but also deal 90% less damage and you can buy as many of whichever you want.

3 Likes

It does seem rather pointless to unlock prestige at the moment since they will change a few things.

Considering the time it takes to unlock P2 and P3 and once you get it - they change it, so what you wanted is no longer there, but the time spent is already invested.

Better to wait half a year, see if things settle down, because chasing the carrot leveling over and over and than not getting the carrot is much more annoying that leveling over and over.

1 Like

I would have liked something that reduces weapon damage greatly, but increases ability damage/effectiveness. It’d bring a lot more micro and careful decision-making in how you approach Tychus. Though I’m not sure how it would actually go off-paper. I’m a sucker for spellcasters. It’d also be less brain dead than LW, because if you’re running Nux and your storms are aimed poorly, you’ve essentially crippled him until he gets more charges. But if you land them, goodbye attack wave.

I don’t think the point of prestiges was to make commanders stronger, but different. Who doesn’t want that does not have to switch to them (and “grind” back the 15 levels) :wink: Although I was disappointed by Kerrigan’s prestiges, so who am I to say anyghing :smiley:

Anyway, for Tychus I prefer the #1 anyway, so I am okay with changes to #2

2 Likes

This! :+1: 35% cooldown reduction. I haven’t reached lvl 15 with P1 yet but it’s so much fun having Sirius’ turrets available. Can’t wait till I add in Nux’s cooldown Ultimate. And Vega’s domination.

P3 for me! I love it to death, and I am glad I went for that prestige fast. Nearly permanent uptime Odin is super fun, and super handy for a variety of situations.

2 Likes

Turn him into an army CO, that’s an interesting idea. It would also mean we’d have an army that has Specters, Warhounds, and Hercs. No one has them massable yet.