Tychus "Lone Wolf" is soooo adictive

Extremely easy to care, he needs only 1 base to keep him rockin, so easy yet enjoyable watching waves of enemy wiped out just a piece of grenade…

1 Like

I have seen Tychus in Lone Wolf today on Scythe of Amon.
Carried entire mission, My Fenix was pretty useless.
Like… Tychus solo destroyed 3 shards, Nax solo destroyed entire waves, they just sometimes came to Nikara (which is somewhere on the other side of map) to heal.
I can’t tell how useless i felt.

4 Likes

EXACTLY! that feel…

1 Like

At least Nikara was in my full use and i could heal my AI heroes.

This happens as standard solo Tychus. Although in my experience, I am unable to pump out extra outlaws to help my ally.

Sounds like Lone Wolf actually had a better use in this game.

Also, we’re you sub15? I’m always curious when people say “I felt useless”, what exactly did you do/not do to make you feel that way?

1 Like

Uh. The point of mission is to: destroy void shards and secure the ship with survivors while defending from enemy waves + hybrids.
All of this was done via Tychus until last 2 shards, because Fenix by that time gains a lot of damage, but still he defenced a lot. So i did nothing and felt like i did nothing.

1 Like

It means you have to get better and you can start by changing your play style rather than putting this on Tychus. I played with some good lone wolfs and was able to do at least half the map. Some lone wolfs need to be carried. There is a difference in skill level and understanding of the game and the better you get the more the script will flip with you doing most work.

1 Like

Not +50%, more like +150% instead of +200%. Which is still incredible damage output and make Tychus 1-man army, with Nikara back line.

+75% in new patch. I wanted to say buff*50%, which gave us new value, 75%.

Hum, are you playing on NA? I’m on EUW, don’t see the patch yet.

Patch notes: StarCraft II 5.0.2 Patch Notes — StarCraft II — Blizzard News

1 Like

So far, China, NA got the nerf. EU and Asian haven’t… Yet. Enjoy the rest of fun with lone wolf :). It will become “lone dog” soon

rip Tychus Lone Wolf, you lasted like 6 days before you got nerf hammered…

1 Like

Ahhh, the blizzard famous move of nerfing to oblivion. Welp, Tychus Lone Wolf is now Lone Puppy.

3 Likes

The tychus nerf was 100% predictable. Having a wave killer every 8s ( or whatever the cd is) was too powerful. Some of them were using the medevac to heal him up and keep cleaning.

They will tweak more commanders for sure.

3 Likes

F to Blizzard. I guess they don’t want us to enjoy the game this way.

4 Likes

I just got an “update game” notice in-game while on Asia; and it wouldn’t let me start a game. So that’s got the patch too.

Edit: I got the update when I switched to Asia, from EU and earlier from NA; I had started the client on NA. Asia still shows the prestige text as 200%. So maybe it hasn’t got the patch, though the battlenet client says “5.0.2…” when I select the region as Asia.

How are you not able to pump extra outlaws? They are delayed, sure, because you don’t need them that much and money are better spent on upgrades and medivac plattforms, but eventually it should not be a problem to get Nux for mostly defense (in DoN that would be Blaze), Nikara for the lulz, and possibly even Sam for sniping bonus objectives.
I don’t have the Screens-per-minute to babysit Nikara around ally’s army, so I just put her in the middle of the map (in CoA she can dance around Ji’nara) and whoever needs healing can schedule an appointment. If ally pings her, I do AOE heal.

No point in getting the last outlaw of course, unless you need a quick defense (read: help your ally defending his base) and all other outlaws are busy or dead…

Lone tychus struggles against some of the late armies, but I suppose that’s when you call the Big dog. (At least I assume - I haven’t reached the level 15 with lone wolf yet, so I can’t send the nudes nukes.)

To be fair, it WAS a little silly how literally Tychus alone could basically solo an entire Brutal map by himself with just a few Medivacs for support, and sometimes, not even needing even one Medivac.

3 Likes

well that is the overall concept of the prestiege, you’re basically only allowed to use one outlaw for the most part unless you micro really well, its silly, but that’s how its suppose to be.

2 Likes