Tychus and Zeratul players

I have never seen a player who could use them
I played with a lot of them very high ascension level and Tychuses just get thier second base and wander off cleaning the AI bases or simply dying while I’m suffering with the objective alone
Zeretuls are even worse they have a gateway a forge and wander off with Zeratul and die they dont even make units…
I saw that someone wants to veto co-op maps like in versus mode
well I want to chose commanders that I don’t want as my partner because I get these 2 a lot and they just can’t play…
yes I know zeratul needs to collect stuff on the map but why not making units and other stuff?

6 Likes

Reading threads on this forum where you have the “why Kerrigan not build Muta/Ultra or Karax builds anything or try to solo with Zagara / Nova” threads out there makes this one sound like another "why do I keep getting stuck with players who’s idea of “fun” = blowing up bases (Tychus’s) or not have a ton of skill (Zeras that can’t multitask to build army while artifact hunting)…

And ascention level does not equal skill. My son and I are “finally” into ascention 100+ due to casual play at levels lower than brutal. Yet, we’ve been able to “hold our own” with brutal complements of the “current feature applied” to Oblivion Express… (the one where Mengsk sends Tychus/Raynor off-map to divert the trains to his old Tarsonis bases instead of deliver the goods to Amon…)

Tychus and Karax seem to draw a lot of clueless players. Can’t really agree on Zeratul though.

I’m not agood player but I always get 100 supply with zeratul FAST. Then i remember about cheese cannons and make some, always forget to project them… it’s lame and boring using cannons with zeratul… units + legions are more fun and interesting.

Tychus is great for a “low stress” game where one doesn’t have to macro and make 1000 units and buildings… can blow big bases with odin, teleport with medivac, steal big nasty units with vega… fun and powerful, gets old pretty fast, so I only use it once in a while.

2 Likes

I never seen an useless Karax though but all the Zeratuls I get pertied with just going suicide maybe even quit.

1 Like

I know ascension does not equal skill but if you leveld a commander up to 15 you at least should have an idea how it works
Maybe Tychus need to blow up bases idk but that doesn’t mean they should comlpetly ignore both main and optional objectives
And with zeratul just walking around doing nothing does not help for anybody I dont care what units he makes as long as they do, but they usually don’t not even cannos nothing.

Just sounds like negativity bias to me, check all the constant comments about rather quite good players using Zeratul to trivialize the brutations for example.

That’s because the objective is not worth the time on most maps. 2k exp is not worth the time it takes unless it falls in the path of normal progression. You get more exp if you finish two maps without bonus than one map with a bonus.

2 Likes

It sounds like you’re the clueless one but I guess it depends which objective you’re talking about. Great players preclear to upcoming objectives ahead of time so when it spawns they have less to deal with. They also ignore bonus objective on some maps because their partner is dead weight and they fall behind or lose or lose to much army if they commit resources to it. That said, I’ve seen a lot of acceptable Tychus players, and it’s really really really hard to screw up Zeratul so I don’t think he’s a culprit. He’s such a braindead easy commander I struggle to empathize with you because of all the screw ups, he’s rarely it.

People complain about Karax but he’s a very convoluted hero and unless you play him a lot, it’s hard to understand his style, build/tech order, and set expectations for yourself. I certainly hold opinions about people I play with but outside of brutations if we’re not failing I’m cool. You should be able to solo most brutal maps, especially if you manage call downs appropriately for when you need them.

2 Likes

A highly skilled Tychus player can do stuff like divide the Outlaws into multiple groups and do stuff in multiple places on the map, or make due without Nikara and Rattlesnake and just get by on healing gotten from Medivacs. Not sure if that stuff can be described as “low stress” considering how easily you’d wipe if you screwed up. There are also combos possible between different Outlaws, such as Cannonball or Tychus’s grenade clustering the enemies for one of Nux’s psi storms. Nikara combos well with the other player’s hero units, like Keri or Dehaka because of the level of healing she can provide.

Tychus is good for players who aren’t good at RTS, but that doesn’t mean there’s no skill involved, if you’re good enough to manage it.

Oh hai!

Actually, it was just a hypothetical, I was curious which maps were less popular. Also:

I haven’t seen one yet. Generally Zeratuls like to mass up cannons early, to project them across the map in engagements. Zeratul is also pretty powerful on his own.

If I die with him, it’s to collect an artifact fragment.

Zeratuls also don’t need to build many units, especially on Hard. They can get by almost entirely with Zera, summons and cannons.

I said THE objective not the bonus… I never seen a Tychus who did Any of them…

Just as I said in a previus comment, most Zeratuls I get paired with they don’t do anything, no units, no cannons just wander off colecting thiers stuff and die.

This seems more like you have some personal issues with those commanders, more than enything else… Decent Tychus or zeratul player can easily solo most maps on brutal and there are definetly tons of decent or even good players, so I seriously doubt your claims are true.

2 Likes

I don’t have personal issues aginst them
Yeah don’t belive me thats okay, but I stand with my claims I never seen a good Zeretul who actually did more than dying and maybe even halfway quitting but today I saw 2 actual good Tychuses but in the past month I saw at least 20 unasably ones…

Then I get a Zeratul that pretty much solo the map while I just become the backbone for the big attack waves.

But one thing is true, levels does not mean skill, sometimes they are indeed good at coop, but not the commander they’re playing right now. Or worse, got a friend to farm levels and didn’t commited to learn how to solo map with that commander.

Man Tychus is HARD!! Therea are 8 outlaws to choose from, each of them has FOUR upgrades to decide if\when to buy, and ultimate gear is a BIG committement!! It’s VERY hard to recover from bad decisions if one picks a weak outlaw for a given map\enemy comp; other commanders have it much easier, they just switch production and EVERYONE can look like a pro!!! Not to mention one has to choose the ORDER in which outlaws are bought, and wheter to go for new outlaws ASAP OR invest in upgrades for the existing ones, and then there are ebay upgrades (TEH most expensive in TEH game!!!), medivac microing (have to build it first… ), ODIN TIMING… I mean, it’s really lots of stuff to learn\know\decide on TEH fly… there are countless possible outlaw combination, who you pick\in what order\outlaws vs more upgrades… plus masteries are weak (except medivac cooldown, BUT you have to build it first…)

4 Likes

Yeah I get that, but if you are not good enough DON’T bring it to mutation or brutal… and at least try doing the objectives not just roaming aimlessly

2 Likes

Roaming aimlessy… hey hey how’s one supposed to work off a nasty hangover?? What do you think they do all TEH time at Joeyray’s Bar while waiting to be recruited?? It’s just the way they are…

1 Like