Two same Commanders

I’m sorry but someone remind me why this isn’t allowed.
We are already breaking the canon of the story by bringing back Dead Commanders.

The Developers might as say.
Amon is shattering the cosmic reality and heroes from parallel universe is seeping into the main universe (our universe)

9 Likes

variety, more money.

2 Likes

Balance?

(20 characters)

I’ve always wanted this. It would also help reduce queue times when new commanders are launched. Because I do believe we will have more co.

6 Likes

AH yes! The Queue times!
Actually having two new commanders in Brutal Difficulty IS an Overkill haha.

4 Likes

Double the Vorazuns double the fun (time stops)

Amon be like: hey when’s my turn?!

7 Likes

How about double the Abathurs? End the map in 3 mins or something

9 Likes

At the nowadays point they don’t have to even do this. They brought Mengsk back with ZERO explanations, thus Dominion now has 2 emperors at once. And all heroes are now Mengsk’s friends. After this co-op is dead. It was always non-canon but now it is totally different degree of non-canon. After this not only double commanders are possible, but pandaren, Tyrael, Picachu, Optimus and whatever.

1 Like

That’s a hilarious argument. There is no degree of canon. Something is either canon, or it isn’t. If it has things that match, well, that’s just accidental, or a gameplay mechanic. When it comes to lore, co-op is its own little bubble.

13 Likes

Ah yes, the greatest argument. If they can bring back dead people, then clearly they will bring in characters from completely different games, because that is the same thing.

11 Likes

Quite the ridiculous slippery slope. StarCraft brings back one of its most major characters from the dead (which it had done with two prior, one of which would outright break LotV’s story) so now we can literally have Pikachu. I’d come up with a sillier hyperbole but there really isn’t one.

Co-op’s explicitly never been canon since launch where Raynor and Swann could fight hybrid on a non-exploded Shakuras. But it’s always been StarCraft. This is not its story mode, it’s made to play as major SC characters in a vaguely End War setting.

8 Likes

They introduced Nova from the future with zero explanation too, but HEY, nobody say nothing!
I didn’t checked, but I think the only mission where Valerian was stated to be Emperor (the one with Vermillion) have different quotes if someone use Mengsk.
The most funny thing is that you find absurd that people ally with Mengsk (ally, not friends, they are completly different things), when there is a full game about that, with a villain a lot less dangerous then Amon.

10 Likes

I didn’t say there is a degree of canon. If you read my words you’ll find out that I said there is a degree of non-canon.

You forgot to mention they made 2 emperors.

And if you understood what I said you’d know that’s bull. Something is either canon or it is not.

If it is not canon then it can do things like going against canon. If it is canon, it has to retcon or ignore inconsistencies. There is no degree of non-canon.

3 Likes

I heard about couple times players got the same commander in 1 game and it led to bugs completely breaking commander’s mechanics. So its a very bad idea unless Blizzard will fix all of that, which they, of course, can’t properly do.

2 Likes

Ahem
Zagara double bane fest, mass frenzy up for even more time.
Double Swann for lazer drill shenanigans
Vorazun Time stop, nuff said.
Double Stukov for burning computers
Double Mengsk for fastest expo clearing ever, 1 go earth splitter, other army.
Double Raynor for double Hyperion, 1 go bio other go sky terran?
Double Dehaka for Godzilla party
Double H&H for reverse minefield mutation

4 Likes

Double Alarak red orbs everywhere
Double Fenix super champions be like
Double Kerrigan worms everywhere
etc…

However,

This will be an interesting playstyle, IMO.

1 Like

Everyone forgets about double Kerrigan here. The hero alone…

3 Likes

Double Nova, double drones, nukes, holo decoys, double bombardment.

3 Likes

Heh that’s child’s play, try double Mecha Infestor massing.

2 Likes