TvP is definitely the most broken matchup

You got to play perfectly as a terran in order to beat a half decent protoss player. Storm and collossus are one of the toughest comps to break.

11 Likes

Yeah it is mainly because economy is broken. Protoss is ahead in econ from start, he has faster natural (before cyber) - which is incredibly broken. Than it slingshot him to fully saturated third, when terrans just finished. Yet he has full production of 8-10 gates, upgrades and more tech than you and +30 zealots than would normally have and yet he is pressuring you with blink. And has better upgrades, before you… Everything else is less problem. And lotv chrono takes less multitasking and you don’t even need to hotkey gates anymore and they autotransform, also obs don’t react to f2. And you can’t even punish third.

TLDR: econ is broken + they made tos too easy to play !

Can you not whine FOR ONE DAY?

Thanks.

11 Likes

It is not whine, but simply stating the fact. Everyone is waiting for fix years. It is so cancer.

1 Like

Yes playing perfectly is massing only t1 units the entire game. Good job sir

8 Likes

The fact that after the gateway upgrade researches protoss can warp in almost instantly the amount of units as they have gateways is just dumb the troops should have to train just like marines or any other terran unit. why can they just almost instantaneously warp in? Not to mention even if they don’t get the upgrade you can just chronoboost everything out. You can even boost probes out of the nexus from the very beginning yet terran cant send a MULE out immediately. There is a reason that the older SC2 players play protoss it has the lowest micro requirements in the game.

Warp gates have a cooldown. Sure, units can be spawned right after the upgrade finishes but did you know that you could train 2 marines at once in a barracks? Why can’t gateways do that too? So toss doesn’t have a mule for extra fast mining that can mine on top of SCVs on the same mineral, so they can go over the worker limit and still get more from mules. In exchange, toss can boost his production speed to max bases faster than a terran can but again, you have mules. It doesn’t matter at all that the terran can’t use MULEs right away.
BCs are so annoying I’d just remove their tactical jump altogether. If you want a unit to be buffed, think about Ultralisks and how useless they are in any matchup vs races filled with units that have an attack bonus vs armored, they can’t shoot up obviously while the carriers, tempests, mothership, BCs and thors can all attack both air and ground. What does zerg have vs that? Corruptors except vs thor where there only hard counter I can think of is mass lings if you don’t count neural parasite, which basically means “I’ll use your own units against you because none of mine can do the job”…

2 Likes

good observation. prottoss IS op and also easy dont forget about easy.

1 Like

I think that overall the advantages and disadvantages of both races are balanced. I used to be a balance whiner. In fact I still whine a bit (mostly in relation to zerg). Nonetheless, the difference between a 6000 MMR player and a 5000 MMR player is night and day and a 6000 MMR terran player will beat a 5000 MMR protoss player 99/100 times. Talk less of a 6000 MMR player vs any of us. For the majority of us, balance is not the reason we are losing. We are making mistakes and not playing the game the right way.

That being said, I honestly believe TVP is quite balanced. If anything it’s probably terran favored simply because their T1 units with just standard upgrades can go toe to toe with pretty much any protoss unit and composition and it requires protoss to be extremely judicious in single isolated fights with terran micro. The reality is that the way to beat terran is to ensure that whenever you fight them, there are always 2 fights ongoing at the same time so he has to choose which set of marines to micro. I always launch a battle and on the other side launch a warp in or do a zealot runby or something because they cannot stutter step on 2 screens. However if its a single 1v1 fight where the terran player can micro exclusively, I think terran with like 20-30 army supply less can hold an incoming protoss army most of the time. The reverse is absolutely not true.

2 Likes

If we look at some stats for the current patch, that statement is not true :stuck_out_tongue:

Protoss is the weakest race by far, and terran is arguably the strongest after last patch. Stop being total noob. Might help!

2 Likes

And what about when 6k meets another 6k. Yes balance is reason you are losing. You won’t be able play that much better than other 6k ( you even said it: you have to be 6k to beat 5k, so if you play against 6k protoss as terran you need to be like 6400-6500 to have even chance to win, because protoss is imbalanced). Reason 6k beat 5k, because he has better mechanics. But if you play someone who is fast as you. Than balance makes the difference… ty beaten with his protoss offrace terran which had +500 mmr. Or demuslim says, he can’t tell difference between 5500 and 6000 protoss…

Balance isn’t the reason you’re losing It’s :100: L2P issue.

Ok retard, than why we get balance patches, just use rng to generate all unit stats, give marine 60 hp 10 dmg, zergling 40 hp 7, if it doesn’t matter. YOu are just trolling id1ot. Ofc you can get always better because this game is about mechanics, if you get behind coinflipp part of the game, you can outplay people. But still in some situations you lose to build order luck, or to imbalance, or to badly designed maps. I saw even flash himself losing to blink in hots, because maps were op for blink back, than and he build turrets. Thats weakness of terran you need blind turrets or you lose and protoss can block reaper scout, if you open raven for example and he phoenix you get disadvantage. And even best player on the world can’t outplay certain situations and imbalance ! Or reaper hellion fights are coinflip, because each units gets -0.4 + 0.4 attack speed, whose shoot first he wins.

Or pvz/tvp is currently most imbalanced matchup. All protoss losing to swarmhosts and infestors previous patch this is perfect example. So st fu stupid troll !!!

Anyone and their grandma can reach gm with toss, just cannon rush bro

Terrans have to actually work for it

1 Like

I’m tired of saying this!! Protoss is not imbalanced -_- WE HAVE THE UNITS TO HARD COUNTER TOSS, WE HAVE GHOSTS, MARAUDERS, LIBERATORS, VIKINGS, BANSHEES, STIMPACK, COMBAT, IF YOU UTLIZE TERRAN CORRECTLY, TERRAN IS POWERFUL! STOP WHINING!

If you’re tired then best thing to do would be reply to a 11 month dead thread and let everyone know how tired you of it you are.