Top 5 Useless "active" abilities in Co-op

“Team color” aside, that sound like Artanis “High Archons” (name from level 7 upgrade), so you still need to describe your expectations rather than what has existed or what was being developed at some point.

Actually I figured out what the most useless ability in Co-op is.

It’s Hold Fire for Nova Ghosts

even i can make use of that, make ghosts go sneaky beaky into enemy territory to spot for an airstrike

I don’t think they would work because enemies still have lots of detectors.

Would be very useful on Nova P3, so she would stop firing like crazy after killing a target, and go back to cloaked mode before getting killed…yet somehow that’s the only time she doesn’t have the damn button.

2 Likes

You need burrow on some missions.

I can see Burrow can is essential for Impalers and Lurkers (Oblivion Express/Dead of Night, Miner Evacuation yes.), useful for Mecha Infestors, Infested Banshees (Do anybody use them?), also early workers who needs to hide from enemies.
But aside them and those situations it provides almost nothing.

True True. I also forgot they are quite useful in Lock and Load where you can hold position.
K I’ll take it back.

2 Likes

Burrow is quite useful on Chain ascension as well (for zerglings - not every enemy unit that comes near Ji’nara, esp. in mutations, has detection, neither has Amon’s laser drill). And on any map it can save your queens or hero from dying. in some situations.

2 Likes

You need it for the rohanna misson to burrow a ling at each lock. Also helps anywhere you need vision.

Lol, so you don’t move it when you F2 the army.

You can Survey Mode park an overseer. I personally recommend that over the burrowed units.

That map is notorious in attracting more detector types (especially Terran compositions). That’s more time spent dealing with those.

To be honest Ocular Symbiote is just a better overseer.
Overseers love to suicide if you use F2 and frankly they are a boring unit.

A few upgraded brood queens are fun useful units and your teammate will appreciate giving his Kerrigan or whatever valuable unit Detection and even extra vision.
Swann before he got Prestige 3 could not global teleport his only detectors (slow science vessels) along with his Herc+Tank fleet so giving Herc detection is tasty usefulness.
Lets be honest its not like Stukov can spend his APM on something else :grin:

Unless they changed something the Mecha Infestor spells are to generate more roaches (along with building disable) and to faster generate energy between Infestors (they plug each other).

Main use i found for havoc force field is to make the enemy pile up a bit.
Massive units tend to be not as fast as others so considering its a free ability you can pile up some smaller units before the massive one reaches the force field (assuming it can walk over smaller units).
Also terran lack a melee massive unit (until hybrid) so you can cause their AI to be pretty confused since Alarak units attack from a huge range while Terran is trying to path around force fields.

1 Like

One strategy I have personally learned… do not buy the speed upgrade for your detectors, if you F2 all the time like I do.

It stops them from speeding ahead of your army. Unless your are Vorazun, and then your detectors go WEEEEEE and you go :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Haha yea that is literally my sc2 dirty secret.
Those speedy detectors are just not compatible with F2.

What about Load for Overlords.

I use Loaded Overlords (overloads?) for:

• DoN - building Spores, Spines, Biles on the two cliffs
    • esp if you’ve got Hunters. Can’t have it ready for the first night but after that, yes.
  • VL - transport drones from bases to build Spores to spawn camp shuttles
    • for Kerri, use the omegas
  • MO - same as VL, but also making Spines.
  • Not on ME, since it’s convenient to just pull drones from the expo base, it’s in a central location wrt the map and action.
3 Likes

A ling is much cheaper and won’t supply block you if killed.

Going to have to try building on those cliffs. The walls with the ramps leading up near the debris are always good to cannon up.

Not many have dropships or shuttles to transport a worker up to where you are mentioning however.

On the recent mutation, I started too late, but because my (Kerrigan) ally just would not spawn a Nydus Worm at the north-east base in Temple of Oblivion despite one of my (Zagara) scourges standing there for a while and me checking often, I researched Load and started going there, but mission ended before I reached destination.

Dropalord.

That’s true. These are the CO’s I know have ways to get workers (or army*) up there:

1. Raynor* can drop a few marines and a medic to hold. Possibly add a tank.
  2. Kerri, Zagara - Dropalord.
  3. Swann - Dropship a worker and/or army.
  4. Vorazun - Dark Pylon block, and/or DP teleport
  5. Alarak, Zeratul - Warp Prism/Void Array. (Zera can also block with a monolith once he has high-ground vision.)
  6. Karax* - a colossus on Hold Position at the edge of the cliff could block a Hunterling’s landing. But unlikely to be available before the first night.
  7. Abathur* can put down some toxic nests, but need to be refreshed once exploded. (Does Abby have dropalords?)
    • alternative: if Vipers can yoink workers, then Viper could yoink a worker up there. TBC by someone who has Abathur.
  8. Nova* - could drop some army units there, if ally gives high-ground vision. Do her medical drone things give high-ground vision?
  9. Fenix* could use the Arbiter suit to transport some army there but probably not worth it.
  10. Dehaka can deep tunnel wurms there (once given high-ground vis).
  11. HH* burrowed widow mines
  12. Tychus* could put an outlaw there, though definitely not worth it.
  13. Stetmann* could teleport some army there (lukers)
  14. Mengsk supply bunker drop.

So 16 out of 18 can put something up there. But only 8 (or 9) can put a structure to block. The other 7 (with asterisks) can only send army units or something to attack, but not completely block.

3 Likes

All terrans (except maybe Mengsk) can fly scvs in their CCs as well.

1 Like