Tips to git gud as Raynor?

Try using Siege Tanks, they are great in infested maps. Use marines as a mineral dump.

@OP
Are you stimming your infantry? The faster movement and attack rate is NOT to be overlooked for any in the MMF group (Marine, Marauder, Firebat). Have Medics on hand to heal life lost from stim, and usual damage (not to mention dmg reduction when Medics get upgraded).

For the first shuttle, I’d make some Bunkers honestly. Even though Raynor’s bioball is a beast, you’re hard pressed to get anything impressive THAT early in the game. His infantry last much longer in a bunker, and SCVs can repair (since you probably won’t have enough Medics that soon. Or if you do, it’ll be at a tradeoff of something else). After the shuttle evacs, Salvage all of them for a ful refund.

Later on make OC for MULES (and leave some for scanning). Just make it rain infantry! Use Tanks to boos damage and range.

This surprised me too. Leveling up Abathur on Hard, Toxic Nests were NOT enough. Instead, I made a few TN, left at least one of them in each section to NOT auto-detonate (right click its button in the cmmd card) so that it’ll always provide creep, and made 4 to 6 Spine Crawlers. Roaches with the “bonus damage to light” upgrade were NOT sufficient! You get swarmed far too easily! After that ship, you can uproot those Spine Crawlers to defend your exp., or the next shuttle!

That sounds like your issue. I’ve never build igniters on Miner Evac. Maybe this vid might give you some ideas:

How about getting that first brutalisk up before the first ship?

1 Like

For P0 and P2 Abathur, that is impressive, but don’t know if I’ll have the skills to pull that off.

As to Cerberus’ post, they REALLY do swarm in large numbers (easily a dozen every… I’m going to say, every 10 seconds?). However, there should be enough time before the panicked launch starts (which is when large swaths of them converge). Don’t know if TN can be set up to kill them, and sneak in a Brutalisk. In theory it should work, as you get more biomass per supply to compensate for lower supply counts at lower difficulty levels (so this would work out better assuming there were more of the units that do have supply)

For P1 Abathur, ofc UE aren’t available
For P3 Abathur, I would like so see if it’s possible for such players to get a Brutalisk that quickly (and even if they did, I’m sure I wouldn’t be able to pull that off)
Yes, am aware that when leveling up, you can freely switch between the Prestige tiers. However, I wanted the full experience, and didn’t want to “cop out” in that regard

I don’t know, but I think you could do it. In that vid Lila has two before the panicked launch. With practice and going straight for the roach warren before drones I’ve managed to get my first bruta up a lot earlier.

Yeah, that just sounds crazy. I can’t see why anyone would want to use P3, expect maybe as a one-hand-tied-behind-my-back challenge.

Ah, ok, so were you talking about handling the first launch with P1?
In regard to “cop out”, I personally didn’t use P3 Abathur while levelling since I doubt I’m good enough to carry my ally with that extra handicap, and I want to be prepared to have to do it.

If nothing else, it’ll something for me to try out some time then.

P3 is kinda fun on long missions. Good players can get 15 Brutalisks and 15 Leviathons by midgame. I myself have gotten 4 to 7 (just) Brutalisks.

On short missions (e.g. L&L, VT, RtK), I’ll maybe get one, but just do the mission without any UE. Abathur’s got PLENTY of tools to deal with what Amon throws at him

Yes. I was leveling up Abby’s Prestiges, and forgot to mention that. AFAIK, making Spine Crawlers with mass Roaches should be reliable to defend the first shuttle (Hard or Brutal)