Things that need to change for a healthy game

So here’s the list of things that need to change if we want a healthy game, at least for the pro players.

1. Either remove nydus worms completely, OR make it a one way tunnel, from which you can’t go back from. This would force swarmhosts to actually move back to their base in order to inflict damage.

2. Queens, queens need to have their range adjusted back to HOTS level, this buff is no longer needed and queens are killing every possible playstyle from both T and P.

3. Nerf EMP, EMP shouldn’t be a “protoss killer”, EMP is designed to be an anti energy spell, it shouldn’t blanket an entire protoss army without any viable counter play (it has more range than feedback / storm btw). Reduce the radius or range accordingly OR buff feedback’s range so that protoss get to have a counter play.

4. Tempests, carriers need to have a real use in the game, not just be a trolling units to throw games or be killed by anything that’s T1 or even barely T2. Tempests and carriers are vulnerable to :

• Vikings
  • Marines
  • Widow mines
  • Thors
  • Vipers
  • Corruptors
  • Hydralisks

(Notice none of the protoss units are in there btw ?)

1. Time to remove free stuff from the game, why is it that every race but terran gets punished for actually missing their macro mechanics ? Mule stacking should be removed, once terran has 16/16 SCVs, the mules shouldn’t be usable on the mineral patches, it leads to dumb things like 2 base terran having pretty much the same economy as a 3B protoss / zerg. That’s bullsh1t if you take into consideration the fact that terrans have the most cost efficient units in the game. Not only that but even if they are to forget a supply depot, they can just drop it and TADAAAA back to business, forgot detection and to scout ? Oh guess what you’ve got scans to save the day.

2. For the love of god, fix PvP. Every one that has two working brain cells KNOWS how annoying it is to play rock paper scissors and not an actual SC2 game. Fix it, find a solution.

BLIZZARD WAKE UP DO SOMETHING. ALL OF YOUR GAMES ARE DYING BECAUSE OF YOU

9 Likes

True.
Anyone that has played WoW PvP knows how hard they killed their own game by dumbing down class design to oblivion.
It hurts.

But if they can’t fix WoW, I don’t expect them to do anything about StorCreft.

6 Likes

EMP has always been anti-shield.

So you want these units to not be countered at all?.

Larva is a free unit too.

2 Likes

If you miss larva, you miss production, if you miss mules you don’t lose anything if you are fully saturated.

They should have some power, they are expensive, require a 150/150 building AND a fleet beacon to be built, take a hell of a lot of time to be built. Yeah they shouldn’t be easily countered.

1 Like

EMP is way stronger in SC2, then Plague was in SC1, so it is a poor design for this game.

Tempests and carriers have way too many counter, and so do Colossi, that is the issue.

Larvae are not units, they are unit training mechanics.

6 Likes

You can’t compare EMP in SC2 to Plague in SC1 at all.

Plague is comparable to Fungul.

EMP is comparable to EMP.

They are units. Everyone that actually plays Starcraft knows this.

I got it! How to fix zerg that would satisfy these forums!
Remove larvae, no further changes.

Pack it up balance team, you are no longer necessary. Shut it down.

3 Likes

The whole “Temepest should kill everything” talk is as silly as ppl who believe it. It is mobile siege unit with masive burst dmg and solid HP. It cant have good DPS.

3 Likes

Being units and a production mechanic are not mutually exclusive. They are a unit that double up as a production base for other units. Its… interesting. I like it.

…that can’t even kill a marine without upgrading to +3!
:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

11 Likes

Tempest deserves some love.
Tempest was nerfed in every possible way :

• Range
  • Damage
  • HP / Shield
  • Mobility

And we are left with a unit, that’s not a mobile siege units, that does no damage and can’t tank a single hit from anything in the game (PS it doesn’t even counter broodlords / BCs anymore btw).
Buff tempests, protoss has no other way around BL / Lurkers / BCs / Carriers. And tempests are not remotely good at killing libs these days cus vikings would just sh1t on tempests without protoss being able to defend his tempests cus libs have 14 range.

5 Likes

Why would you nerf EMP when pvt is the easiest matchup in the game for protoss ???,

1 Like

Lmao yeah ofc :slight_smile: you are a joke XD

2 Likes

Tempests are designed not as general-purpose unit, but as a flying siege unit, if you use it wrong, it die, simple. Plus, it’s not an unit to use alone. Like broodlords fly with corruptors or hydralisks on ground, your tempests have to go with kind of a frontline like Vrays or something. It kill big things, not smaller minions like masses of hydras/stalkers/marines. I don’t see what kind of buff you want for it

If you buff tempests, then broodlords may need same kind of buff for the same reasons.

Nydus is good, you don’t like the swarm hosts that go in it. With your idea, for ppl using Nydus to unload roach/hydra even ultralisks in main base, what’s the deal ?

Gameplay upgrade, if you hate thoses nydus you should think about watching how ppl cast them, so you have your scouting stuff & counter prepared for next round. And, while Shosts reload, send warp prism with good stuff inside ?

PS: Friendly reminder, Void rays are also a weakness of Carriers and a heavy fleet of carriers can kill everything so…
( If your protoss ships are vulnerable to widow mines, they are not, you just don’t use enough observers ? )

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
VOID RAYDS HAHAHAHAHAHA IMAGINE MENTIONING VOIDRAYS IN 2020. GOOD GOD YOU ARE CLUELESS
NOTHING WORKS WITH TEMPEST.

Ah yes, obviously, the famous Voids that kill carriers am I right ?

Laughs in BC + widow mine drops that are used in every level.

What if, you can’t move out cus Zerg will use roaches on one side, and nydus worms on the other side ? What if nydus worms + SH ignore terrains ? What if they are even OP at the pro level ?

What if Nydus had counter play tho.

1 Like

BC+ widow, never seen but ok

For the nydus part, everything have counters lol

You should watch some more pro play btw :slight_smile:

Ah yes ofc, hence the fact it keeps being overpowered at every field of playing, up to pro play but it has counters, the counter being to just a click in their base am I correct ?

1 Like

TBH it’s just threads like this that have blown the game into oblivion. We had a great game in WoL/HoTS. Since the dev team started taking feedback from this community as heavily as they did we now have a god-awful game.

I really wish people would just stop adding their input, yall dont even play more than 2-3 hours a day, how can you possibly think you have any understanding of what goes on in the higher echelon of play?

I remember the good old days watching PVP and the first player to take their natural lost the game and it was considered a novelty to go for immortals over blink.

2 Likes

Buff almost every unit I have. Nerf almost every unit the other races have. DO IT NOW!

Jesus. I’m like a lighting rod of morons.

1 Like