They using Smith's name. That isn't him doing this

I checked it out on the arcade website. The username is Smith and the map he is hosting is Dimentio’s dam version. Funnily enough, they are also using his name as the author name, because they are so buttsore that he made a stand against their cheating.

Also, its worth pointing out that the version was updated March 21st this year. The discord link in the discription leads to Dimentio’s own server. The lobby name is also called “2 Sub Patereon 2 stop crashes,” implying that Dimwit’s goons are extorting the rest of us.

Just when you think the bottom couldn’t get any lower…

Literally, the extortion part goes so far beyond what they’re prepared for. They can have RICO used against them now.

It isn’t dimento either. They are using my name and attempting to frame me as responsible for the crashes because they want to have the game taken down. They are using an exploit to attach an Extension mod on to the arcade map. It is the extension mod that is causing the crashes.

1 Like

I mean i know that you can name yourself whatever you want, so it wouldnt be too far-fetched for them to defile your name since they’re mad at you. Also, i know that Dimwit probably sees you as a rival, and he was already a huge POS to begin with, so i wouldnt be surprised if he approved or even aided their efforts to be this disruptive

I wonder if we can report this to patreon so we can have dimwits profile removed. I mean they’re bound to be more active than blizzard

1 Like

Bliz is onto their little scheme, so you and your map should be safe.

The first time I saw that they used your name and map with the exploited mod, I sent a note to Bliz saying that it isn’t you and that the map is legit. They responded that they already knew all that, so they saw through the ruse fairly quickly.

2 Likes

Is there anything YOU can do to stop this madness ? I mean like unban them or something so that they can play your map. We are tired of this, better than some people cheat in your arcade map rather than whole community suffers because of this.

He shouldn’t do that under any circumstances IMO. First of all these people were already abusing bunch of stuff via lagswitching which basically ruins game. Furthermore they’ve been doing this for a long time, but it was in reviews of all maps (it was fixed in last patch, but before if you open reviews your game crashes). Finally, this is already widespread, people on KR server are abusing it against CN players and vice versa, so this isn’t going away.
They shouldn’t be allowed to hold hostage entire arcade and then make demands, lol. Blizz just needs to fix it

1 Like

First, it’s inappropriate to even ask for that… but let me elaborate further why it is bad idea.

Most importantly, it’d be naive to believe that it’d solve the problem for good. There’s multiple people who know about this flaw, and how to use it by now. On Asia server it’s already being used to conduct KR vs CN war.

EU is fine so far.

But getting back to the point - anyone can do what the guy is doing right now… or rather a group of people lead by the guy? I don’t really know and I don’t specifically care. My point is that, once you let it happen - accept whatever they demand, then another actor (or even the same) will start using the same method to push for something. And the player base a whole will continue to suffer.

For instance, I could right now make a claim that if Smith would accept whatever they demand, then I’d potentially start doing the same shiit, because I don’t agree with them. This is not the way.

1 Like

I understand.

How about Blizzard disables custom/arcade section UNTIL the problem is fixed. Workarounds are not proper way to circumvent the problem. I don’t play any arcade games but i was using Unit preloader and multitasking trainer. I can live without those maps. Since you are knowledgable person you know that there is potential for them to hack the entire game using some exploit we don’t even know exists, so why not temporarly disable something vulnerable for now rather than telling people to use some gimmicks to avoid the crash. Do you agree ?

EU is not safe either. People have been reporting the same problem on EU as well.

They think “we would be giving into terrorists” or some nonsense like it was an Iranian hostage crisis.

My understanding of the situation is that as much as people feel their ability to play this game is suffering. That’s exactly what the (PARASITE TEST) moderation team has done to a massive amount of players for years.

They banned people arbitrarily, without recourse. All the accusations of “lagswitching” and “trolling” is just propaganda to justify their mod teams behavior.

And SMITH isn’t taking responsibility, or seems to even be open to changing his mod team’s behavior.

Smith actually DOES have a lot of control over this situation.

Its just the entire parasite TEST culture over there won’t allow them to drop their air of “victimhood” or their misguided egos and take responsibility for the “gamer community” that they themselves spawned with their terrible and by all appearances (arbitrary) moderation.

The reason im siding with Smith here is that Dimwit’s goons have done the same thing on his version. The only difference is that when those people get banned, they don’t throw a serverwide temper tantrum and hold the entire arcade community hostage (when you make Calliou look good by comparison, you’ve really gone and F’d up)

Oh, and one more thing: Dimwit CANNOT claim parasite as his own. The original version is well over a decade old, which is longer than his disgusting hands have been in the picture. Sure, he may have his own version of it with, but at the end of the day, the concept behind parasite as a whole is (thankfully) not his

right. The moderation of his version of PARASITE wasn’t even in the same realm of the behavior out of SMITHs moderation team.

But within that lies the unignorable issue. which is even having a (in-game moderation team) at all. That ALONE seems to violate several of Blizzard’s own EULA rules since they are regulating accounts through Discord AND disrupting the gameplay of people that purchased the game with no official oversite from blizzard themselves

Such as

" 1. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;"

" Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;"

2. Disruption / Harassment: Engage in any conduct intended to disrupt or diminish the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, including:

3. Disrupting or assisting in the disruption of any computer used to support the Platform or any Game environment. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.

4. Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Codes of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

its own moderation team engages in these activities while simultaneously pretending like they are an innocent victim of just random trolls that are attacking their supposed guiltless and angelic playerbase.

which simply isn’t true

and it also appears blizzards own volunteer (green colored) moderation team are fully supporting PARASITE’s own obvious violations of the EULA, which is why I suppose I hold the opinion that BOTH sides are independently guilty, but just in different ways.

MVPs are not employees, thus not Bliz moderators in any regard.

Whatever, you still get the gist

Not whatever.

I’m not going to let MVPs get lumped into your position statements if they are not at all relevant.

1 Like

The proper way to go about this would be to disable map publishing service, until the fix can be implemented.

Or better, activate the map moderation queue, that they’ve originally developed for CN region, that was run by NetEase, but I’m unsure how robust is this system.

Either way, problem is that doing any of the above requires actual engineering work (even though in reality it’s rather small amount of actual work). And at this point they could as well fix the bug.

But I’m not sure if there’s even a point about disputing possible options that Blizzard could take, while they haven’t even acknowledged the problem officially.

I believe you’re mistaken, I haven’t noticed any malformed maps that could’ve been published to EU region. Nor I haven’t heard about any of the reports you mention.

I mean yeah, maps shouldnt be programmed to lock out or provide benefits to certain players (ok, im fine with donors getting cosmetics, but those dont offer boons in terms of gameplay), so im not saying smith had a right to do what he did. My point is that dimwits goons are acting like they have the moral high ground when they clearly don’t. Also, Smith isnt the one ruining the enjoyment for hundreds of players who arent even remotely invested in this in the name of being a whiny botch

No, you clearly trying to turn the topic around. I’ve personally expressed my concerns very clearly. Don’t turn the topic around.

I’m not gonna comment about the rest of it, as it’s of no relevance to me. People’s motives doesn’t mater at this point, but the action they take do. And who was the first to start this it’s rather pretty clear.