They lock up on their base and spawn op units

Hi, I’m no pro, but all I have tried has failed and it’s getting frustrating. Does anyone knows how are zerg suppose to beat a T or P defense on early game?. I mean, P lock up themselves with batteries and photon cannons, T do the same but with marines and tanks. And after some minutes they spam OP units like BC or Carries, and it doesn’t matter that I had taken control of the whole map, they just advance to my main base, wipe up my army and gg. (min 13 or 15 at max).

So how do I get them before they spam the strongest units? Baelings die against marines and tanks before they even get to the wall, 4 P.C and 1 battery are enough to stop my whole army at minute 5. So… anyone knows what to do in this cases?

1 Like

Add me up so we can watch some replays and go over some stuff.
GokuInJs#1217

You are not supposed to beat a very defensive playstyle, it has itself disadvantes, as you say - you were taking the whole map.
And there lies the problem too, you were possibly too greedy…

they are building up a massive tech/army.
You are zerg and has to reaact, do the same,
zerg needs to sscout alot, otherwise the very different strategies you face…
Heavy air is countered hard by zerg if you know Corrupters and Infestors, some queens be there anyways (even though they are slightly less OP in LOTV).

And by the way in terms of being more offensive against defense: Try Swarm Hosts. Support it with Nydus

More stable style is Broodlord, Corruptor (if they let you get the “whole map” anyways)

Hello Seneserai,

Protoss AIR is the onliest matchup, where you need to break the Protoss in early game. For Terran or Protoss Ground, you can switch to Brood Loads later.

For Protoss AIR you need to scout early to find out if he go AIR. Mostly if they defend their 2nd Base with Cannon, it’s clear. And your Strategy is then is a target Timing Push : Produce until Minute 5 ONLY workers, and then ~20 Hydradlisks, and the rest of the money in Zerglings, and then a big push at minute ~6:30.

The Toss have at this time only 6 Void Rays or 4 Carrier, which are fast empty with 20 Hydras, use Hydras to kill AIR ARMY and Pylons (snipe one by one), use Zerglings to kill workers (just move them into mineral line).

In the past i lost really every game against mass Carrier, but since i play with that timing push, I win every Game against Carriers. :wink:

2 Likes