There should be a level requirement for weekly mutations

For some weird I keep seeing people that aren’t max level queuing for weekly mutators. And this is just a waste of everyone’s time including their own. Especially for this week’s mutation Resilient Rifts. Its not as efficient as playing multiple brutal games. What makes this even more silly is that to que for Brutal+1 you need to be max level. And some of the weekly mutators can be as high as brutal 6.

This sounds similar to why you don’t get double XP when your ally leaves… you should b/c in theory, you’re down to half the APM. In practice, this may cause abuse with players trying to game the system, or otherwise find ways to get the double XP.

Here, B+(1) should be the one that doesn’t require mastery levels (at least over Mutations). However, b/c the bounty for Mutation is only obtainable once per week, while B+(1) can be done over and over again… it would invite the same type of abuse there. Namely, lv1 COs trying to get carries.

2 Likes

Some of the weekly brutations are great for levelling up though. With that said, this is not one of those weeks.

One of my favourite aspects of Co-op is that you can exit the match any time you want, including at the beginning when you’re paired with a leech.

I’ve had one Mutation where I forgot to change the settings, so instead of lv1 Alarak on Hard, I did Brutation instead! :open_mouth: I was going to quit, but my ally was able to carry me. Must confess, it was nice to jump 3 levels off the bat

I contemplated this a bit. I suppose I could see brutal +1 allowing lower levels but brutal +6 mutations should definitely require max level. So maybe the max level requirement should only be for brutal +5 or higher weekly mutations. Cause the current mutation 100% requires max level with mastery.

I’ve had one Mutation where I forgot to change the settings, so instead of lv1 Alarak on Hard, I did Brutation instead! :open_mouth: I was going to quit, but my ally was able to carry me. Must confess, it was nice to jump 3 levels off the bat

I suppose for weaker mutations it could be doable. But maybe at least level 10+ should be required. Seriously queing for a brutal +5 at level 1 is just asking for a loss.

Nothing we can really do. If you think you won’t make the mutation with an underleveled ally just leave, do something for 5 minutes, and queue again.

1 Like

I like to play it anyways. Helps get me familiar with the details of it, so I treat it as a practice run.

Yea thats another thing. I had a situation where I left the game over someone who was level 1 who joined and got paired with the same person 3 times in a row. So when you get paired with someone low level you sometimes have to wait upwards of 10 minutes to avoid being qued with the same person.

3 Likes