The Problem With This Game And Why Zergs Suck Now

Everyone that plays this game goes online and watches Pro players. It is how pretty much all of us have learned. Right now the game is quite stagnant build order wise with the only new build orders coming from high level Pro tournaments. How does this affect Zerg exactly? Zerg cannot follow build orders. Sure, you can open hatch - gas - pool at a specific time but your’e ALWAYS going to be reacting to your opponent.

Protoss and Terran players just watch a VOD, jot down exact build orders and follow them to a T. Anything abusive instantly spreads across ladder and we’ve been seeing it destroy the Zerg population after last patch. Watching Pro play there has been so many new Skytoss/Mech builds. All you do is sit in your base most of the game and follow a build order. Its extremely easy and can get you into GM simply by coping said build order.

You simply cannot do that with Zerg. So many of their units require specific micro and so many of the opponents timings require specific counters. Specific times to stop droning. make an army, and constant scouting. You just can’t look at a piece of paper and follow it to the end game. It’ll never happen. Really have no clue how the balance team doesn’t think outside of their little bubble.

For me it seems thinking in terms of build orders is the problem, or at least the colloquial idea of a build order for example 16 barracks 17 gas etc. See you can have a point where that build order is not specific enough when thinking in supply numbers, when placing the 16 barracks did you do it at 40 minerals or did you have 60 minerals in the bank, if you had more than 50 I feel your build order is inefficient, yet both could happen at the same supply. Even further you could have queued the next worker and only had 10 minerals but the barracks is still late, thinking what goes down at what time and no later is more specific but much more difficult to conceptualize for most scenarios. What I think lends towards making new build orders is to simply not worry about these absolute specifics, what you really want to think of is what unit comp you are going towards and how/what you need to do to cut corners to get there as those are the things that will limit those build orders in specific matchups and on certain maps. Then you figure out what the failstates are, how does the build die/what does it not work against, does it have a transition in these states where you go to a different unit comp or have an entirely different idea like forcing a basetrade or extreme macro game.

Will you become upset if i say that it is not zerg race that sucks but rather zerg players ?
You play the strongest of all three races, have nearly invincible eco with bunch of queens, protoss and terrans literally need to move heaven and earth to do any dmg and in the late game you float 7k minerals gas and spam infinite units from 7 hatcheries. Skytoss is virtually the only comp that can actually pose significant threat to you.

How does that make zerg ‘suck’ as a race ?

Given your name I’d think you’d love this patch with how strong hydras are, if you’re just tired of na otp cheesers you should try eu/kr, they play a lot more macro games in my experience.

What if I told you that the more queens you build the less versatile your army is as you need to be aware of both their positioning limitations due to the slow speed and requirements to inject and spread creep as well as the amount of army supply being held up. That the later the game is the more efficiency you need to get out of your existing hatcheries as building more becomes less economically viable due to the cost compared to other production facilities and this is a massive limitation on how well zergs can perform.

On top of they hard counter mass units that forces us in pin hole.

Widow mine takes out 2 units that you need mass to be threat.

Mutas and lings and some degree banes. These units have no counter measure. People complain about 8 secs fungal but widow mines is much worse.

If it killed it self it would been better to go sacrifice group lings then I would see little bit strong but much easier to deal with.