The one thing I hated about Legacy of the Void

Is that the scout air unit was left out of possible tribal selections in protoss arsenal.
All units in BW that didn’t exist in SC2 made it back but not the scout and we got the mirage instead.

I remember how I felt bad about it back then when I finished the campaign first time in 2016 but I never thought about recording my complaint except now

Not to mention the fact, that it was Artanis’ original appearance.

3 Likes

Hahahaha the guy made his way from the bottom so hold your beer for him :joy:

Along with the Scout being missing, I still find it kinda weird that there’s no way to use the normal Colossus outside of its introduction mission. The armory provides the Purifier and Tal’darim Colossi choices along with the Reaver in the 3rd slot, yet there’s no normal Colossi. It’s really odd the way this ended up.

Actually, and this applies to all unit selections, you will use the normal, unmodified unit if you don’t select any customizations. A friend of mine, Anima, did an entire brutal campaign run where he played without the Spear of Adun or any unit customizations. Note however that once you make a selection, there is no way to unselect it. Youre always stuck with having something chosen after you make the first pick.

2 Likes

So you basically have to force yourself to never pick anything on the Colossus panel just to use the original? That’s still really weird.

Isn’t the normal one just a weaker version of the purifier one?

1 Like

Ya. In theory, it makes sense that there’s no need for the original Colossi since the Purifier one is just an upgraded version of it. I just find it weird that the original Colossi are there, and then get ditched immediately after. It probably wouldn’t bug me as much if they were just Purifier Colossi to begin with. Hell, you retrieve them on the Purifier world. Why WEREN’T they in their Purifier skin to begin with?

I mean, it works that way for several other units in the game. Zealots, colossi, void rays, carriers all lose access to the default skin once you get their enhanced versions. Dark Templar are a mixed bag, since I believe they lose access to the Lenassa tribe skin with the single blade.

Zealots in particular make me a little sad, because I like the dual bladed model a lot better.

2 Likes

I always loved the DT diversity.

I prefer Lenassa portrait, but I prefer Zera’tai unit model at the same time.

1 Like

I would have preferred them to be different units honestly. Let the Lenassa be the classic Dark Templar assassin, and the Zera’tai could have been the centurion or something. Maybe have the Zera’tai be the avenger?

Although centurions look super cool too. I dunno, I think having them be the same thing in the campaign was a wasted opportunity.

1 Like

LoV is my favorite campaign and is the most immersive, but I hated that the budget limitations became evident, we had no final cineamtic quality, no matter how well the scenes were seen with the game engine, some texture defects in the cybros scenes, the lack of models for cutscenes of units such as stalker or immortals as in the other campaigns obtained almost all models

It’s quite logical actually , the campaign revolves around losing all Daelaam technology and start re-acquiring them again plus re-using some old ones from Spear of Adun’s archives, so once they get a new unit karax was working shortly after on enhancing the original version using a suitable tribe technology rendering the original unit obsolete as one of their variants will be just an enhanced version of it instead of being a highly different unit altogether.
This applies to your example because purifier colossus is an upgraded version of a normal (Conclave/Daelaam) colossus while the Reaver was an old reincarnated technology and Wrath Walker was a differeny functioned unit altogether modified by the Taldarim