The new balance patch

Are you for real blizzard? You literally straight buffed protoss, the most broken op race (55% winrate). What a disgrace to this game. I guess we will enjoy every PvP finals now…

16 Likes

Oh no! We didn’t get a patch that nerfs protoss but instead we got an patch that buffs 2 of the worst and least used units(void ray and tempest)! Oh no…

28 Likes

Maybe blizzard just knows you’re wrong. And there hasn’t been a PvP finals in years

22 Likes

Also when was the last time an pro player made void rays in pvt?

19 Likes

Void Ray will be the new Phoenix, I think Cannons into Void will be insanely good now that Void rays will be trained in 18 seconds with chrono (same as a Marine).

Concerned with this change.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:
As a terran you are excused to not have a clue how the Chrono works. Void time is 37 sec. Only a single Chrono (and a very small portion of the second Chrono) can be used in building 1 Void.
Final time will be around 25-26 seconds.
It is news for you that Chrono does not Stack?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11 Likes

Are you serious?

First patch in 2+ years that doesn’t flat buffs Terran, and the Terran community can’t accept it and is having a meltdown…

26 Likes

they buffed the most OP thing in the game, their air LOL. They could have instead fixed their ground aa but nah, they wanna give toss more free wins.

2 Likes

Yep and still nothing about economy. Protoss is ahead in economy from start, yet he can halt your cc and put pressure on you. Than he gets fully saturated third, when your 3rd cc just finished off and after holding your 2 base all in, he can do literally anything he wants. If Protoss trades, game doesn’t get even to lib/ghost and if you fail 2 base all in they will just kill you with counter.

There was a choice in hots: either would go 8 gates 2 forget and no third,

• or you would get quick third, but no upgrades and less production

In LOTV you get all of that at the same time and yet you are pressuring Terran with blink.

Also protoss got too many QoL changes and it is too easy to play and you have to cast chrono about 50% less frequently as it cost 50 energy and it has same efficiency as hots chrono until late game- end game…

-Also nexus had only 10 supply in HOTS and cc 11, now both races have 15.

-Also protoss would have to pause probe production at 9/10 to get pylon

• Both races had to made pylon before natural: means 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on mule would hit faster in ratio to protoss natural completion time

• Also rax started at 11, now at 15, so your mules hits later in comparison, how many workers protoss has and when he gets natural up and unlocks 2nd chrono boost and mineral line

• Also because less minerals per patches, terran expanding slowest of all races, your bases will dry out and if you mule wrong patch, or same patch multiple times you gonna break your economy

• and also game is about suiciding units into mineral line, even if you trade poorly it doesn’t matter as long as you are killing workers, because defenders bases will dry out, but he is stuck on less bases than attacker…

We would be more than happy to have the 10 sec 50 energy and 100% acceleration.
We had it and Blizzard nerffed Chrono in the current state.

2 Likes

even Artosis pretty much LOLED @ The Latest patch.
Protoss is not the most broken OP Race your just over-exaderating things as we see in pro scenes Protoss need massive help.
but yeah it was a pretty stupid Patch Lolz.
but your a troll so

3 Likes

As much as I want to rag on Terrans this patch is a joke but mostly against Zerg. Protoss is having no issues with Zerg, especially in the late game, and Blizzard gives massive late game buffs.

1 Like

Don’t be overdramatic. None of the changes/buffs touches the core issues of Void/Tempests, they will have a negligible impact in both PvT and PvZ (outside of SB/Void/Tempest cheese at early-game.

5 Likes

I think it will have a decent impact in pvz, oneshoting spores will be a big deal, zerg relies a lot on that static D and that buff I think could make skytoss a bit opressive. Right now lategame P vs Z is pretty stalemate in the sense its hard to push and the fights are slow and very micro intensive, I hope the buff do not turn the battles into a revelation+destroying everything at range/pushing Z away with tempest with little counterplay.

Void buff I think will see some utility if Z tries some kind of roach ling timing with 3 bases,without hidra or queen will be hard to do something with speed voids.

But as always, we will have to wait to see the results, and pray for someone to play the test mod.,but probably nobody will and the changes will be final.

3 Likes

It might be my limited experience and skills but I find terran are OP. Yes, there is a counter or a way to deal with them, but it means you must know what the terran is about all the time, while terran just click and check what you are up to for free while you have to sacrifice units and micromanage detectors to do so. Protoss have some chance with allucinations but I remember back then, zergs were the early game harrasers, now Terran are very good at all stages, very dinamic and with a couple of meds and marines they do very good trade of damaga. I see that I have to put extra effort to prevent terran and be worried about them all the time, while the terran can with little effort and for free with guaranted success, just check your entire base and army to exploit weak points and prepare for counter. Save they don’t press the scan key and click on your base, they always have that advantage

I like the fact that they try to buff units that were no longer usable, same thing I think they should do with hydras. It’s the emblem unit for zergs, but rarely used because they are very weak and easy to kill. I it very hard though to prevent mass one particular unit, they only option is to scout and detect it

1 Like

Nah, it’ll have a huge impact on PvZ. Protoss players are going to start going late game against Zerg and realize how crap Zerg’s late game has been this whole year.

1 Like

Yes, because the reason why Protoss supposedly has a 55% winrate is because of voidrays, vikings, and tempests :roll_eyes: do you read the things you post before you say them?

You: :clown_face:

I regret scrolling through the bottom half of this thread. The clowns have come outta the woodworks…

4 Likes

To be fair I think most of the changes are decent, considering blizzard’s design policy seems to be to avoid reverting anything at all costs.

1 Like

I knew he will be screeching within the forums. Sad.

3 Likes