The future of the franchise

No, game developers do not go and take poorly made suggestions from fans for there game developement ideas. Almost no game developers would ever do this. Most games that are made have a team of people who sit around and discuss the game and what they want to put into it, they do not go running to the fan forums for all there creative talent, but instead higher a bunch of people that KNOW WHAT THERE DOING instead of random strangers like you that want a sound removed from the game.

Some are coping so hard with this SC3 that is not even on the plan charts let alone to actually happen. Yes some day it may be remastered or come,

Ok graphic-wise SC2 has more details yes. Idk why they went with that style but that’s mostly the terrain that looks like made on MS paint. Add few textures - specular for example and it may look like SC2 for units and buildings.

To tell you compared to the designs of SC2 LotV matchups it already is a lot more fun to play to me than SC2 and that even with incomplete tech tree and before 3rd race is ready, no reason to return to SC2. Then there is ZeroSpace and TR but those games while having really good graphics, are like just campaign story games can’t make esports from that. Maybe ZeroSpace has that to some extent.

I never understood why people are so die hard on SC. For me games that try with more races are a lot more fun to explore, which is why war3 is more memorable to me than SC2 I mean both I did a lot of times and have had lots of memories. ZeroSpace for example tries directly with 4 races, will see if SG does too, a lot more to explore.

Answer this, I will not ask you questions about SC 2 or SC 3 again: Will SC 3 be released? If it is going to be released, will Microsoft release it? And will SC 3 come out after 2025, if at all?

1 Like

Darkmaster, you’ve been essentially repeating that question over and over across different threads. How many times do you need it answered? This is going to be my final reply to you on the subject.

AGAIN, the last definitive thing I heard was in 2018 when Bliz said there was no interest or plans to make SC3. But, AGAIN, a lot has changed since then, so there’s no way to know what the plan is.

That said, AGAIN, there’s been no public communication from Blizzard, ATVI or Microsoft about anything regarding SC3.

1 Like

Should we ban you or something? Do you have a comprehension disorder? I’ve told you a thousand times. Don’t bother me with nonsense. I will never listen to you.

1 Like

From what I understand, you don’t know for sure either. But thank you for saying that. Next time I’ll ask Microsoft, not you.

I noticed that MS is rather fond of RTS games. For ex. Xbox Game Studios is publishing an Age of Mythology remake. MS is one of the very few companies who might want to make SC3.

2 Likes

Yeah no telling what microsoft will do, especially with the $$$ pouring into esports from the middle east.

Since IEM Katowice didn’t count as the global finals this year it’s more likely that ESL will have Nicolas Chaussois do a portrait for the Esports World Cup winner. I haven’t seen anything official about it either way though.

1 Like

If you think that this forum thread will somehow* provide you with the answer of what the game studio is cooking up behind the scenes (StarCraft 3 or whichever game before announcement) then you need to be brought back to reality. The forums is not where developing major projects gets announced randomly.

If u really want sc3 come out then u have buy aom, aoe4. Even not biggest fan of it. Then if want support Sci-fi rts then support command and conquer legion.

By supporting thoughs shows there market and depending how command and conquer does will force Microsoft hand to make star craft 3. Since there arrival now I loved command and conquer 3. E.A is worst thing to gaming community and shut down the game and the servers.

1 Like

Just gonna throw this out there:

If you want SC3, you may be disappointed. AB has lost a lot of popularity in the gaming community in the last few years. In addition, Zero Space is about a year and a half from release, and it already shows a lot of promise. It wouldn’t surprise me if ZS kills the SC franchise, especially with SC2 being out of development for some time and SC3 not even being a thing

zero space looks like a pile of complete garbage and way too confusing to even come close to sc2, your dreaming if you think that game is gonna replace sc2. Now stormgate however probably will, but zs, no very doubtful.

Im glad some see positive in SG because some bashed it over the graphics. While ZS has really good graphics almost though questioning is visibility good (on non desert maps like the grassy one). There is even bigger example of really cool looking game - Tempest Rising that the game graphics are so good but besides story uh how does one play that competitively. Too dark, too realistic objects blending in the terrain.

what i dont like about zs is the way the factions are set up and how everything acts along with the way rescourses are gathered. Its like they took a great idea for a game and then asked how they can make it super over complicated so that it looks fun but it is really hard to play. the pros might have a great time with it but your average player is just gonna be left in the dust.

why would you like to see terrancraft 3? you can play as terran in 2 to, wont be much a diference, and looking to what they did to all theyre game and franchises, do you realy think the story will even 25% as enjoyable as what we have here?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.