The community deserves an apology from the balance team

It’s absolutely atrocious and unfair to the players and the community that this game is the way it is currently.

Broadcasting an international tournament and showing how completely one sided these games are, and are getting to be as soon as swarm hosts are introduced is pathetic.

51 Likes

whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over whine thread over .

there will be a balance patchl after blizzcon ffs.

12 Likes

What do you expect? The biggest tournament of the year is being played with up to 300k to be won. They let the tournament that players spent a year working towards be played on one of the most one sided and imbalanced times in years.

17 Likes

i expect that guys like you act atleast a LITTLE mature… if blizz would say “nah, everything is fine” i would understand all this whine, but they announced allrdy the patch - what do you expect? do you expect, that they roll out like 20+ not really tested balance changes, right before the biggest tournament of the whole year? seems to be a really good idea…

2 Likes

Dalai said it all. Ah no almost all, remember that we talk of only one comp in ZvT and two comp in ZvP being broken. The rest of the game is admirably balanced ON SO MANY DIFFERENT SKILL LEVELS that sometimes, when you watch the glass being 12% empty, you should remember it’s 88% full.

2 Likes

In the whole history of SC2 we never had a Blizzcon this flawed in balance. It’s actually a shame they are even broadcasting that. This is the result of every random buff they gave to Zerg season after season after season coupled with the maps.

Community deserves and apology from the devs, agreed.

25 Likes

You’re not going to get an apology but I do agree with one thing the OP implies; the balance team has been asleep at the wheel, they became complacent and as such the game is not in a good state currently.

They kept nerfing Protoss over and over but more importantly they ignored the problem of Infestors for way, way too long. Terran is arguably in a good state currently, bar a few tweaks that need to happen.

8 Likes

At least they’re trying to fix it. That’s more than you can say for my abusive dead beat dad, who i haven’t heard from in years. SCREW YOU DAD

5 Likes

The point is from here on out they need to have a patch if going through 2-3 weeks so people have adequate time to play if the game is unbalanced as it is.

It’s distasteful to the entire community regardless of what race you play to have a tournament of such magnitude that’s insanely imbalanced.

2 Likes

Clearly what Adepts need is to make Glaives only good for 6 seconds after shade. But be completely terrible that no one will build them at all.

5 Likes

Ravens?. Nerfed

Carriers?. Nerfed

Infestors?. crickets

14 Likes

What do we expect?
One less joke on esport history? A fun and competitive blizzcon, the largest starcraft tournament btw, to watch?

We are not watching blizzcon we are literraly watching the most unfair esport game on earth right now what do you expect us to react?

6 Likes

Well, this is one of the worst periods of imbalance in SC2, so if there is time to whine, then now it is.

12 Likes

Ghosts ? Buffs, buffs, and buffs

4 Likes

I agree but they should patch the game a bit more often instead of 2 mid year patches

1 Like

reworked

20characters

They are not arguably in a good state. They are in a horrendous state lol.

7 Likes

Terran is balanced in 1 match up, unfavored in another match up.

Protoss is balanced in 1 match up, heavily unfavored in another match up.

1 Like

Except swarmhosts are not getting addressed at all and even nydus won’t have uber fast load/unload times, before hive upgrade. It will still have armor and it will be cheap. Load times were never main problem… Main problem with nydus is that 50/50 is to cheap, it does cost you nothing. There is no drawback to spam it infinitely and eventually one gets through and you do huge damage… Also protoss has nothing to deny all nyduses on the map, zerg can patrol with couple lings/roaches, or mutas etc… And as protoss you won’t have control of whole map against zerg to deny every nydus…

3 Likes

Further made worse by the fact queens often come out of the nydus and are WAY op.
I agree w/the OP, the game is in horrendous condition.

5 Likes