The Cave - RPG
Discord: https: //discordapp. com/invite/c9yzK34
“A classic-style RPG game that blends the styles of World of Warcraft with Diablo II, created in the Starcraft II engine, using Warcraft III art; and inspired by decades of playing classic Blizzard games.”
A mysterious cave, a cast of wonky and unusual characters, and no idea how you got tangled up on this mess. “The Cave - RPG” will lead you on an epic adventure to figure out “Why am I on an adventure?”. Tears of frustration and awkward looks from loved ones as you sit in your chair and giggle to yourself wont be your only take-away from this game; I hope. Designed by a gamer, for free, for gamer’s. If you enjoy RPG games, then this was made specifically for you.
Heroes - As you progress through the game, your heroes have evolution paths, with 15 final-tier heroes, touting 10 abilities each, and different stat allocations based on which path they took to get there.
Items - RNG based loot with hundreds of potential combinations, unique mods, and high enough drop rates that you are never just “grinding for that specific item.”
Customization - Heroes are able to customize/alter the effects of their abilities with glyphs; they have ample stat points to allocate as they wish, special item modifiers, and more abilities than you can shake a stick at, allow you to create and play a hero how you want it.
Balance/Meta - The game is designed in a way that there is no “meta” for builds. No blowing up monsters 2 screens away, no perfect builds. The situations are loose enough and variable enough, that there is no set way to do things. Play how you want to and remember, “You cant DPS if you’re dead.”
World - 35 large zones with a “simple” boss per zone; and 11 dungeons containing 3 unique bosses each, designed to scale and allowing 1-5 players to complete them.
Quests - 140 quest, create thick quest density. You will never need to “hang out and farm for a while” to progress. At worst, you may need to explore little, or party up for a tough one. quests are rewarding, and progress the story.
End Game - The story is fun and cute, and not too challenging. The real game begins when you complete the game. Designed to test players skills over their gear, all regional bosses and dungeons are re-invigorated as “Heroic” forms, with additional strength, abilities, and AI, as well as a further “Legendary Mode” which is designed to really test your skills. Raid bosses bring that concept to an entire new level, as they spawn randomly in the world, and scale from 7-10 players, and have intricate mechanics and strategies.
Repeatable Content - Though the game is intended to end, A few things freshen up the game, if you have invested 1000 hours and just want to keep going. Legendary dungeons have random modifiers to them, and cycle through every hour. A “Endless Waves” dungeon allows you to see how far you can progress against randomly generated waves of monsters and bosses.
Testimonials: (Asked my beta testers what they felt the “Selling Points” of the game are)
- “It has the nostalgic feel of old warcraft 3 RPG’s while blowing every other SC2 RPG out of the water. You can build any hero at least 4 different ways and it be viable, the progression to end game is fun and doesn’t feel grind heavy at all, end game dungeons are a real challenge and very rewarding and raid bosses give you and 8-9 friends a real challenge.”
- Definitely the way you choose your character, e.g. the evolving and the possibilities that come along with that.
- You can literally say you made some advanced AI mechanics since your bosses abilities are so diverse and well randomized so hard to predict in some cases.
- RPG, old style, Diablo 2 with World of Warcraft dungeon gear hunting. Epic create your own personal style with many different build for each class, skill2win.
(The above sparked a lengthy debate of RNG loot vs predetermined stat loot and whether the loot styling more similarly resembles Diablo or WoW)
- Over 150 quests, 10 dungeons, 1000’s of hours of replay value in the End Game hard modes, 5 man team play with 10 man raid missions, insane boss fights with skill being a major selling point on boss fights at your party level, 15 final classes to choose from.
- I dunno how to sell it, but its like an RPG game that’s not been on the custom lobbies before. even in REFORGED RPG, it’s nothing compared to this.
- ''Old School." Customize your builds and optimize them for the situations.
(This led into a lengthy debate on the value of surviving multiple attacks VS just barely surviving 1)
- Games Epic As Sh*t, that’s how I sell it.