Thanks to patch 5.0.9, we can expect NO PROTOSS will win...;

Eh and again not valid for you then my metric about Gsl type event it easy to say look non top event protoss wins calm down while Gsl type gets zvt zvz tvz finals top kek

1 Like

Again, learn to speak English if you’re gonna participate on English forums. This is all I’m saying to you from now on.

Meh end of logic facts

Learn to speak English if you’re gonna participate on English forums. This is all I’m saying to you from now on…

You should really improve your english.

You may have some good points while discussing balance but it’s really difficult to understand what you are talking about sometimes. Reading your posts is like listening to some 3-year old blabbering kid. Seriously improving english can skyrocket your credibility on this forum.

1 Like

There’s a lot of toxic whining from all sides.

I’ve come to the conclusion that design of protoss just lends itself to being very difficult to patch.

I would argue at the very highest level of Starcraft protoss were not overpowered . But just below that at grandmaster level of play they kind of were.

On scale of 0 to 100 protoss only hit 99 or maybe like 99.4. But the skill cap to reach the max potential for protoss is lower; at least it was on the last patch.

So it kind of puts the team in a tough spot. Do you balance around the very top pro players, when you’re talking about people’s financial livihoods? Or balance around over 99% of your player base?

3 Likes

Spot on. Protoss is just really badly designed for a balanced RTS. They’re incredibly strong in a BO1 or BO3, but start to drop in efficacy in BO5+ because of their gimmicky design. Once you know your opponent either does an Adept pressure or goes straight to Carrier, you can formulate consistent counters with lots of safe corner cutting. Because of how Protoss units are designed: Once you’ve countered a unit, it’s just countered. If Protoss couldn’t warp instantly on the offensive, their standing army units could be improved so that that isn’t a given.

2 Likes

that is e-sports tho a circus.

Nope Colledge was right all along

3 Likes

so I just clicked through tournaments , but in the Korean area toss is not bad very often in the finals. And at AfreecaTV GSL Super Tournament there are partly even PvP finals. Generally in Super Tournament dominates toss. In regular GSL Season as I said often in the finals.
Na is made for toss only one opponent: Scarlett
EU is toss lost. max top 4. but is also the system what is made in Eu / NA. with double-elimination bracket. Korean has mostly single-elimination bracket.

i dont know what drugs you’re on right now, but its patch 5.0.9 now

the things you said, its before 5.0.9

1 Like

Protouss crybabies noobz want their race to win every single tournaments or its unbalanced

1 Like

“TINY nerf” this guys says. They reverted the production time AND the cost. The only thing that’s left is the upgrade and a somewhat small speed boost. That is a PRETTY BIG nerf. I’m disappointed in all the liars here right now. This isn’t even about balance and looking at winrates. This is lying DIRECTLY in the face of patch notes and unit stats. If you have it in your head somehow to reject patch notes, which are 100% FACTUAL, then you need to get out of here. This is worse than BatZ level craziness.

1 Like

This post is the proof how ignorant you are. You act as if voids were most frequently played strat vs all match ups. Vs Terran this patch changes NOTHING, you understand ? Nothing. Only proxy voids will probably no longer be a thing. Vs zerg i agree that nerfing cost and production time may make voids slightly less accessible but still they can be played as evidenced by current meta. If you take your sweet time watching some pro games, you’d notice that pro-players still use them and do not forget about lurker nerf - now if you can offer something more than “70 APM” you should be able to beat zerg without going directly into skytoss.

The whole point of my post was to address protoss hipocrisy - calling terrans “whiners” while literally flooding forum with tears just because protoss cheese was nerfed. What ? Can’t get easy, effortless wins vs terran any more with proxy voids ? Maybe it’s time to ADAPT crybaby.

3 Likes

Terrans whine when Protoss gets nerfed. Terrans whine when Terran gets buffed.

I think it’s more justified for Protoss to whine about nerfs, especially when they are significant, so I wouldn’t say it’s hypocrisy on a 1:1 scale. Also, telling Protoss players to adapt when they’re the ones that have had to adapt the most over the course of these few years is pure insanity. Perhaps your little rant here is proof of how ignorant YOU are?

2 Likes

right hints why Protoss just dosnt win at all period so pvp finals is just roflmao k your looking at random bs minor tournaments no one realy cares about.

2 Likes

Dude,

If you have good memory( i doubt you have) then you will know that historically terrans were the most nerfed race of all three:

• liberator AA - nerfed
  • tankivac - nerfed
  • raven - nerfed INTO oblivion
  • marauder nerfed (luckily brought back)
  • ghost snipe nerfed (compared to old snipe it’s a HUGE nerf, because you can’t snipe HTs any more
  • widow mine nerfed

Now tell me who had to ADAPT over the course of the last 6 years, since LOTV came out ? I understand that many tosses will no longer win with proxy voids but for pro-players that nerf should have almost no impact as now possibly other strats will become viable.

To summarize, think of 5.0.9 not as a “NERF” but rather “change of playstyle”. Queen walks will no longer be viable, lurkers burrow nerf will allow ground toss to be decent again. I’m sorry but just because ONE unit got nerfed is not the reason for all these tears.

2 Likes

did not know that random tournaments are… poor korea randoms …

2021 AfreecaTV GSL Super Tournament 2
Zoun -Trap both not P ?

2021 AfreecaTV GSL Super Tournament 1
same Zoun -Trap still no Pvp?
Quarterfinals 5 P 3 T 0Z…

2020 AfreecaTV GSL Super Tournament 2
Trap - Stats, we all know stats is terran?.. not

You have so few nerfs to list you had to mention marauder, which had its nerf REVERTED, AND nerfs that, to my knowledge, did not take place during LotV (feel free to check me). Example: tankivac (maybe early LotV at best?) and ghost snipe, maybe liberator AA - this is the damage right? This is pure sadness and delusion

No, it’s not delusion. Tell me what major nerfs did protoss have over the course of the last 6 years ? I’ll tell you: graviton catapult removed and that’s it. Stalker did not have any nerfs, just reverted the buff which was present in 2016-2017 where stalker did more damage, but that buff was reverted because with warpgate mechanics they would be too strong.

Btw. look at thread list. Literally the first 5-6 threads are protoss complains. I don’t recall terrans being THIS WHINY.

3 Likes