Terran whine about Zerg... is it normal?

Hi guys just a noob here trying to git gud (Im 2800 so nope). Trying to grow evenly with each race option and now I’m Random. At time of posting my Terran is first to hit Plat, my Protoss 2700 and Zerg ~10-20 points behind my Protoss at any time.

Now I’m having super fun time with Random at 2600 people seem to play much worse against the Dice. But I hear a lot about Terran weaker, and this one guy in particular insisted it. I heard Terran is weak against Protoss but this guy is talking about weak against Zerg also? IDK he was telling me I only choose Zerg cause it’s easier but I was playing Random, IDK. Is this normal? Also, can someone good at Zerg please help me /w my gameplay because I feel lost with Zerg a lot here’s the replay: https://drop.sc/replay/16407437

If you want to improve and get real advice this is not the place lol. This is balance whine central, where whining reigns supreme over logic and no one takes responsibility for their losses

4 Likes

If you want to improve and get real advice this is not the place lol. This is balance whine central, where whining reigns supreme over logic and no one takes responsibility for their losses

Oh that’s too bad. Is there a good place for real advice that isn’t paywalled?

Terran complaining?, yes, normal.

Can’t download and see the replay now, but things I can see:
He got outmacroed.

-Bad starting build, goes bio and Stim appears at minute 10…and not a single medivac in the entire game.
-Goes tanks and never got more than 2.
-13 minute game and only 1-1 upgrades
-Never got more than 47 workers, around minute 5 stops making them and took more than 3 minutes to build 8-9. 50% of the game basically without making workers.

And not only he whines, he insults you and calls you bad player…lmao, players like that are the worst, bad players in game, worse persons IRL.

Without downloading can’t see a lot, but I see you got a big bank pretty early, check if you spent your resources, basically making enough overlords, from the 40 supply point you can and should make a lot of overlords, and if you are floating and almost supply capped, make a good round of overlords, don’t be afraid of making 4-5 of them, there are players who make 6-8 on a single round. Other thing, try to not rely on lair tech, noticed you went directly into hidra den, you should get a bane nest or roach warren before lair, this T was bad, but at higher level T will start attacking you and you will need beefy roaches or banes, usually roach warren is the way to go because they are fine against early stuff like hellions and even some bio pushes.

3 Likes

Subreddit allthingszerg I think is useful and people will give you advice there.

1 Like

Thanks for the writeup! I do notice I get supply capped a lot as Zerg, with T and P it’s kinda obvious when to build supply but I have some kind of mental block against Zerg growth rate.

Just keep making overlords,first start making 1 at each round, then at supply 4 start making them x2, then x3 and around 150 supply you can make a lot of them , I have seen players making 9 at that point, specially because you need overseers, and sometimes overlords die, so you will need some extra overlords and not just the supply ones. Sometimes is inevitable having a bank even if you spend all your larva, so making overs won’t be a bad idea. So get overs, do not get supply blocked never and everything will be fine (if an overlord is about to die, start making two overlords asap to avoid a long block), I does not look like you did big mistakes like the ones you can see without downloading the replay like the terran did, so you will keep rising your mmr.

1 Like

TvZ is incredibly fun for both sides, especially if T plays bio. All the P matchups need work though. I don’t think anyone enjoys playing against P and PvP is the least fun matchup by far.

Just 2 base muta, harras, baneling spam.

X whine about X is normal.

I mean, it’s not like a day goes by without a lots of zerg whiners posting here.

1 Like

this ones pretty great for zerg:

h ttps://sc2swarm.com/
I’m not sure if there are sites like this for the other races but my guess is yes, I just don’t know them.

And if you want something simple to burn into your brain to help you improve with zerg:

1. Inject all hatcheries every 30 seconds
  2. Then spend your larvae ASAP
  3. Then spread creep (if you have time, when you get better you will have more time)
  4. Then make 1-2 overlords per hatchery

people will try to tell u otherwise because they are in denial but yeah its pretty much true lol.

h ttps://lotv.spawningtool.com
Nice website for BO and guides for all races (focus on the economic build, not the cheeses if you want to improve)

2 Likes