Terran mines ENTIRELY BREAKING THE GAME late game

I can post replays if really needed, I have so many… Human mass mines, just soloing entire 200 food armies, IN ONE SHOT, this isn’t imbalanced, this is game breaking!!!
Also, the cloak with the armory? I just did a 4v4 where we had no Terran on our team, the enemy Terran with mines and Thors spamming scans… we could not detect the mines because they seem to prioritize detection units when they target + Thor’s have 11 range vs air, wtf? Four of us got periodically solo’d by one Terran with mines, I finally managed to kill like half of them with a pinch and like 10 observers… while losing an entire fully upgraded 200 food fleet… IN ONE SHOT, AGAIN… because he unburrowed in a quarter second and ran under me and reburrowed before my slow units could even move… There is nooooooooo counter… Blizzard, please patch ASAP.

2 Likes

every seen that tyler the creator tweet where he says just turn off the screen? why u fly over 200/200 of mines?

i just switched to terran, when did i say fly over 200 food of mines, i said 200 food armies are being taken out by like 20 mines, in one volley… i just took out 3 ppls armies in 4v4 with like a 60 food army of 20 mines and a few thors and a tank… literally the only counter in the game is scan with tanks… protoss and zerg are just screwed…

See this is why I mass mines when im having a bad day

4 Likes

Make some tanks scrub.

You cannot have a game when you 4v4.
A game is defined as 1v1.
NvN other than 1v1 is a meme.
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

Don’t listen to the 1v1 elitists. Those d-bags are killing the very game they proclaim to love so much. Yet they know nothing about love, they are hurt and rage filled. Especially tearan players. They kill the game hard.

4 Likes

If 4 of you can’t handle mines then it is time to UNINSTALL gg no re

5 Likes

LOL protoss player complaining about WM… :slight_smile:

You have at least few options to deal with them painlessly:

• oracle revelation
  • blink stalkers
  • hallucination as a bait etc.

You must be really bad at the game if you cannot deal with mines.

2 Likes

Mass mine guys are easy to beat. It is fun going mass mine. But if 4 of you lose to 1 mass mine guy, you must be down in Bronze. Have to grind your way out.

5 Likes

1v1 is the only versus mode that gets specially crafted balance patches. It’s the only versus mode with premier tournaments. 1v1 > 2v2,3v3,4v4

It’s just a fact kid

3 Likes

While mines are poorly designed (because they’re binary in value just like the Disruptor), they’re not a balance issue.

Also, team games are a crap show and aren’t even remotely balanced. The game is specifically designed around 1vs1, everything else is an afterthought funsies mode.

If you’re losing to massed widow mines, that’s even more of a l2p issue as there’s multiple ways to deal with them (long range + detect). At least if you said Widow Mine harass, you’d have a somewhat valid complaint due to how extremely low skill mines are for such a high payoff during integral economic phases of the game.

1 Like

Actually you cant have a game without FFA which is why I will play continue to play 1v1 2v2 and 4v4… And you are entirely missing the point… If it’s so unbalanced that late game it’s a valid 1vs4 strat… Then saying well 1v1 games don’t last that long… is not a thing to even say… to anyone who still thinks it is balanced, you either have really bad micro, or simply haven’t come across in 1v1. The 40-65 splash damage stacks meaning 20 mines do around 800 - 1300 dmg PER UNIT in a single volley in splash alone…

This kind of potatoes are posting here. Come join, you will become a nice addition to PPP -starring Goba the broken iron felix, Janus and hownie clownie

If you walk A move you will get punished, if you mass fly A move void rays without detection you will get punished, entirely L2P

You play the noobest race, the invisible detector (another unit designed for a baby race) that we Terrans need 6th sense to know when we can get them and SCAN reveal to kill them, you have this unit to make., then you come complain about terran race, like what a joke

A skilled protoss player can see the mines even with stalkers but I will let the GM posters explain how, without detection

I agree with what’s been said. Most ranged units do outrange mines. All detectors do outrange mines as well.

So if you’re losing 200/200 armies to mines, it’s either an army control issue (a-clicking detectors with the rest of the army ?) or a composition issue (some mono-unit compositions are too slow to avoid being runbied -> shot by fast burrow mines). This isn’t a balance problem. :mag_right:

sorry i GENERALLY DON’T READ things seriously … WHEN THEYRE formatted LIKE THIS cuz its juvenile and GENERALLY POINTLESS TO TRY and sift through and glean any meaning from. I guess the ONLY THING MISSING WAS LOTS OF !!!
anyway learn to control your detectors. It’s not like they have less vision that mines have range.

1 Like

It’s obvious that you’re F2 A-moving all your Obs into mine fire. He probably scans once and takes out your 4 observers that you have all clumped up.

Try not F-2ING. Try putting one Obs in Stationary mode so it won’t move on you. Or put stationary Obs all over the map they’re only 1 supply.

Mass widow mine is abusive at low levels but not broken. I call it abusive because the level of micro needed to deal with widow mines is higher than what a lot of players can utilize. I think honestly you have to be like diamond 1 to consistently deal with widow mines effectively and that represents only a minority of players. But objectively yes widow mines are fine and relatively balanced.

Once again none of you have played against it… The level of theory craft BS responding to this post, I can’t even. Oh well if you’re league this in 1v1 or oh Protoss is newb or just fly an observer into it and get shot down again… Only Oracles are useable, and that doesn’t change the fact that mines are faster than carriers so there is no running away… I, not joking, just watched as mines ruined, yet another, 4v4. The guy with mines? Highest score in the game. Took out 3 of us, like 6 times, full food and we only managed to kill his oh, about 20 mins? Once, when they were reloading. We had a Terran scanning on our end, and I kept doing oracle vision on them, so the cloaked units auto targeting and prioritizing detection units wasn’t an issue, yet still… and speaking of 1v1, what exactly is a Zerg supposed to do? It amazes me, once again, that I find myself repeating myself… Instead of saying oh Toss is newb or oh Ran got it hard, maybe ohhh idk, find a buddy to mass up 20 mines and a couple Thors vs you, or better yet, go in 4v4 and just build 20 mines and watch your win ratio, against yes diamond players… go to like 80% in 4’s… It is highly abusive, and anyone who has been in a game with it will agree with me, so get off your theorycraft arses and actually test it, better yet go abuse it, so they patch it sooner. and P.S. I am a diamond player so stop with that k thx.

Diamond players??? I thought they were a myth!!

1 Like