Terran: initial plan vs (random)

Hi There!

I am diamond3 terran, and I want to discuss my opening tactics with you.

I need to understand not the build order, but the “development” of the opening. I know that each game is different and it depends on scout, but I want to understand how you think againts a specific race.

I mean: ok, “I am vs zerg. I start with reactor and hellion, then banshee. I need to damage the most possible the economy and then I will finish with MMM” just to make an example. This is my plan againts zerg. Generally, with terran I go mech and with protoss I go drop and bio + mine. But I am not able to reach the diamond 2 in this way.

Most of the time I lost some game because I don’t have a real tactic, and I play in response. I want to be more aggressive, but to do it I need to be aware of what I have to do.

my friend Terran, can you help me?

Thank you

Hi Eridanus,

can you provide a replay so we can see how you play?

Cheers,
Shuu

1 Like

Supply depot >> racks >> gas >> racks completes make orbital and reaper >> make your natural expo >> supply depot and marine next >> 2nd refinery >> factory and reactor
This is the most standard build in general. Also scouting after the depot is done can help with your build order/reactions too.

3 Likes

You can do your usual expo build with no variation. If you’re worried that it might be a TvT go gas first and roll on from there.
If you’re a fearless memester you’ll build 2 barracks on the opponents side of the map and make reapers regardless of match up. Also post replays.